1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 What's A 749 Really Like To Own?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by viffviff99, Nov 3, 2017.

1. I never said it was uncool... Just green WTF!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Green is the new black and white.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  3. Yeah, green, like the Green Lantern.

What's up, don't you like the Green Lantern?

4. Thanks for all the replies. The more I read the more I want one! The green looks stunning - and different... btw. Drifting into ninja territory? :rolleyes:

5. A black beauty (in my slightly biased opinion):)

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0788.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. I get that all the time aswell... though i dont remember seeing any candy apple/metallic green quacks in 2010 when i got it painted...
    It also never cross my mind, before i thought of this colour scheme i was had someone paint me a sample of red fading into yellow with with the two colours mixed to make a orange by that time i came up with the Italian flag colours scheme and the white stripe like on the race bikes back in the day...

Back then i hadnt joined any ducati forums, thinking about it i dont think i was watching any bike racing either...

7. Why 749?
    The 999 is the same size and weight but has more grunt and iirc, better suspension.
    I have a tweaked 999 with compliant suspension and loads of grunt ie 130 bhp at the rear wheel. I have never found it uncomfortable except for getting a stiff neck but I have now found that was to do with the helmet rather than the bike.
    I love the looks and it gets admired all the time. People just can’t understand the 03 numberplate, the bike looks fresh and new to them, so I often get asked if it’s a cherished plate.
    Went for a ride to Lyme Regis on Monday and it got loads of attention, one guy was even taking pictures...
    Yes the mirrors are poor but a supplementary bar end mirror on the right is a simple solution.
    Love it...

• Like Like x 2
  8. How does a black swingarm one differ to a black swingarm S? Still more bhp and better suspension?

And why does this not have the late swingarm and since when did the S have Ohlins suspension, particularly with strange vertical stickers? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-DUC...885272?hash=item5452a654d8:g:Ur0AAOSwlp1Zv-9G

#28 richgilb, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  9. Better suspension bit comes from Ohlins front and rear compared to non-S.
    Yeah 749S has Ohlins, like in that link you posted - not the gold nitrided jobbies on the bigger bike but still Ohlins

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. The yellow bike is 2004. Ohlins(linear) only fitted to 749R so aftermarket shock? 2005 on only in red/nero/dark.
    2003/2004 749 base 104bhp sachs shock/showa chrome forks.
    2004 749S 110 bhp(valve&cams) showa shock/showa nitride forks. Adjustable footrest mounts.
    2005/6 749 base 108bhp (sus as above)
    2005/6 749 S 116bhp. (sus as S above)

#30 900streetfighter, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Erm I thought 749S had silver Ohlins... No???

12. S comes with Showa / Sachs dude.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. 999s has Öhlins, 749s has adjustable rake, adjustable footrest position and a bit more horseys compared to the base 749.

My old 749s had the Öhlins from a 999s fitted to it, with the standard Sachs rear and Showa front suspension swapped. I also put the Öhlins steering damper on it too from the 999s. The 749s has a (I think) Sachs steering damper.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So if you want a yellow S it is going to be 2004 only?

15. Mine was a 2003

16. Ah OK thanks for that guys! I'd thought for years the 749S had Ohlins!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Never seen yellow facelift before, didnt think they made any. Factory did gloss black(nero) as 2nd colour for 05/06. That looks original and correct parts.

18. Yellow is the best and most exclusive colour.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information