1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's For Dindins?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bonkers the Dog, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Ooooo that sounds nice

2. Give it a go next time, adjust the seasoning at the end, just to balance the sweetness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spanish chicken and rice one pot
    Bit of a theme in my house :)

CF522564-DD16-44C9-BB5D-A14E3D3540F5.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. One pot dinners can be the best, looks tasty
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. That on a friday night after a few jars would go down a treat.

6. Tempura chicken with home made fried rice
    and chilli sauce
    11B0B111-9A52-435B-9EC4-2D6266DFA72A.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  7. On Saturday evening we went for a meal in a fabulous little, unassuming restaurant in a back street in Bologna. Apparently the waiting list for bookings is 3 months, and I can understand why. There is no menu, they just bring out course after course till you say enough is enough.

For starters we had antipasto which consisted of toast with home made chicken liver pâté, buffalo mozzarella, salami’s, grilled artichoke, fritarta, and olives (and a couple of other dishes that I can’t remember)

The pasta course included homemade penne stuffed with mincemeat, homemade ravioli, and the most fantastic homemade gnocchi in a Gorgonzola sauce :)

The meat course included roast chicken, roast beef and breaded pork cutlets…….with a variety of salads.

Then the desserts came out……homemade fruit tart, homemade cheesecake, homemade crème caramel, the most delicious homemade icecream with cassis sauce, followed by fresh fruit still on the branches.

All washed down with fabulous wine throughout the meal, with a limoncello and grappa to finish it all off.

The quality of the food and service was second to none.

I wouldn’t be lying to say it was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. And it was free :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sounds incredible.
    Italian food is my least favourite of the “cuisines” but still the only place I’ve ever eaten so much it’s come back out.
    Make of that what you will :)

9. Taken my cocktail of meds ready for chemo
    :)
    A37614AE-333E-4B1E-B0AC-EDF938B71272.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 2
  10. Ooops that's supposed to be in what have you done today :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Did you use sparking water in the tempura batter, I’ve never used it but I hear it’s good., adds to the lightness

12. Move it then ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Errrrm I might have cheated :innocent:
    image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. It kinda fits here too :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Bloody hell Ducie, you must rattle when you walk! Throw some cola bottles in there to improve the taste.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lunch; cheesey beef chilli on chips with added jalapenos and firecracker sauce and a :beer: ...... yum, yum :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. A suppose the sun, what little there is of it, is over the yard arm!

18. It is ......... somewhere in the world :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sounds awful. Just one Limoncello?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 4ED77286-80B5-4958-81B8-90A3820251E1.jpeg 301FAF34-6716-4FF9-9FF0-A7E598882806.jpeg
    Just had “omelette pizza “. Obviously eggs then - one rasher of bacon/tomatoes/sliced red onion/broccoli/minimal carrot/ seasoned with garlic, salt turmeric and crushed pepper. I always use olive oil in the pan, I know you have to keep the temperature down but it’s my favourite.I always use

• Like Like x 7
Do Not Sell My Personal Information