1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Planned For 2017?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Nov 27, 2016.

1. And don't forget the Isle of Man is but just a few hour ferry ride away and northern Spain a 24 hour ferry :)

But it does help being close to the ports :)

2. Again, I fear the Helsinki to Douglas route is all booked up ...

• Funny Funny x 1

3. I don't think there is one Pete

We were discussing the options from Blighty

4. North Coast 500 planned for end of May then a 2 week trip down through French Alps, along the Riveara, taking in Cannes, Nice and Monaco heading to Corsica for 5 days and the ride back up at the end of July, plus get some ad hoc weekends away wherever time allows.

Got, non-riding Assen, GB and Valencia MotoGP trips planned, plus WSBK and BSB events in the UK.

Hopefully a year for good weather and a long summer....

5. You don't have such mundane things like work to go to then

6. Indeed I do, but am fortunate to be blessed with what can be quite reasonable breaks between projects, and 6 weeks leave a year.

My last project finished 6th August 2016 and have been "floating" since (read sat at home mostly) on full pay with my next project starting early February!

Need to keep occupied or I'd go crazy....

7. lucky man..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. @MatiasH was discussing his options for routes from Finland. You quoted his post, and told him the Isle of Man was 'just a few hours ferry ride away'. I presume you were pulling his leg; hence my contribution pulling your leg.

9. UKMOC weekender in Wales in May.
    I'm starting to plan a North Coast 500 trip for September, combined with the Adventure Travel Film Festival at Poolewe.

10. Cant commit yet but will drop you a line to check availability when I can...and this time on a bike! :)

11. BTW your travelling around a lot...it was the States a couple of days ago ;) :upyeah:

12. 2 week trip to Vienna and Austrian MotoGP in August.
    Calais/BadenBaden/Munich/Salzburg/Nancy/Calais.
    Girlfriend fly in to Baden-Baden.
    Waiting for ok from gf. Wish me luck with that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. GL

14. Im in the middle of planning north coast 500 trip for me and my dad for early june.
    How many days are you factoring in just for the 500 route? And are you booking b&b's in advance or just see whats available when you are there? Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. So starting to pan out a bit now.

Trip April planned as before
    -looking at Cartagena May
    -OMCC should give dates out for two-dayer at Snetterton soon, probably June
    -5 days or a week with my son doing the battlefield sites in France then may head to Germany for similar (ps any routes greatly received) in my wife's mini convertible probably July

If I get another Ducati track/sports bike I'll do Donington and maybe Silverstone Ducati days. If I buy my mates tuono I won't ;)

16. Almeria in May for 3 days open pit lane, Ducati TD at Silverstone, at least 3 other TD's when possible.
    On the lookout for a 3rd bike, would like another Ducati but an RSV4 keeps popping into my tiny mind.

17. Hi,

We've got 5 days in total to travel up, do the NC500, and get back home....trouble is it's a full day there and back so realistically we'll not be completing the west to east coast section, instead breaking off and heading south taking in Fort William and Glen Coe.

Allowing 3 days to get round the Inverness to Kirkton, branching of onto the A890, to A87 looking to book accommodation around Fort William.

Will be pre booking accommodation, I hate leaving it to chance in remote areas, knowing my luck I'd end up sleeping under the bike, huddled next to the engine trying to keep warm, and waking to a bloody fox licking the dew off my face the following morning!!

If I had the choice I'd want an extra day to complete the full NC500, just to be able to stop more frequently, but quite looking forward to taking in Glen Coe on the same trip, even if it is a bit more urgent.

Some mates of mine did it last year, only good things to say, so really looking forward to it, just got hotels to sort out now and I'm done.

Steve

18. Planning on taking my Dad around the battlefield sites one long weekend, he's always wanted to do it. Tempted to hire a Multi or something cruisy and see if he's up for riding, even though he's not been on a bike in years :)

Tuono mmmmmmmmmmm!

19. Would that be with Gary and Denise ? Andy

20. It certainly is :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information