1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Planned For 2017?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Carole and I will see you there. Popped over to see Gary the other week and both he and Denise had gone down with one of the viruses doing the rounds. Almeria will be my first run out on the 1098R so there is a degree of anticipation going on ;). Andy

2. Ooooh 1098R very nice, ill be on my 999.

3. I'll try and tag on as you ride by. I've done a grand total of about 400 miles on the bike since buying it and I only discovered last week that Wilf at MR has loaded a BSB Superstock 1000 map for the 70mm system :eek:. I think I'm going to be a little tentative for the first 2 days. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks. Yeah it's going to be a day and a half for us to get to fort William from Essex via Peak and Lake District (got to go dad pace!) It's hard to work out where to book the b&b's as I don't want to book them too far away or get there too early. Maybe I will allow 4 days for the coast lap

5. Borrow mine mate. Bend/mend basis :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. V4, full tricks n toys too ;)

7. Love you long time for the offer Bradders. I'll have a word with him and see what he thinks. Sure we could do a desirable swap or something :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Got a tentative trip to Hampshire to sort out :)

9. That's further than France for you ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can add Snetterton to that 19/29 July too :upyeah:

11. I've scrapped my north coast 500 planning!
    Im going to head back to route napolian N85 in France down to the south coast and then back up the alps via the D902. Much less chance of getting soaked every day!

12. what's plameedc fore 201771? Fuck you.. Yea... Pla.e that mifo..

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mv 750 evo 3 sounds proper nice, I had an evo 2 with rg3 exhaust was a flying machine, all carbon bodywork, always something wrong with it but god it moved, got it off an mv nut called terry hand in the midlands nice chap, he sold mv bits and apparently could ride mv's he did crash at Nurburgring I think it was, quite badly hurt but made a good recovery I believe, wonder if anyone knows him on here? He was into Ducati too from memory

14. I had a pretty poor year in 2016 for running up the miles and so i'd like to try and change that in 2017.

Problem is a lot of my riding buddies have given up for one reason or another, still a couple of us left , but literally a couple :confused:

What id like to do is get as many long weekend type trips in as possible , so 4 or 5 days so not to eat up all my holiday entitlement (Thursday/Friday-Monday).

Ive got the 1290SD to make use of and so its comfy enough to do it, yet fun enough to enjoy whatever roads we find.

Rough ideas so far:

1: Germany - Eiffel area which i tend to do yearly and never get bored, but this time perhaps onwards to the Black forest region for a couple of nights before looping back

2: Austria - perhaps for the Motogp, or just Austria anyway as id like to see the Eagles nest.

3: Scotland - Went up with the Mrs some years back and loved it, i just think if i took the Superduke riding solo with a few others i may enjoy those glorious roads even better

4: Wales - Somewhere between Pembrokeshire in a diagonal line back up towards shropshire last year i drove some amazing roads after a weekend away with the mrs.
    Would love to have a few days out there with people who know the area

5: Up for any other ideas :)

Obviously much of the above could be a tad boring on my own so feel free to steal my ideas and tag along :upyeah:

15. The N85 is a must. Give it a google

• Like Like x 1
  16. Where is it?

17. Why not join our little Easter weekend run to Monaco?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Weekend of the 16th?

I'd love to, but I've hopefully managed to talk a mate in to going to Germany on the bank holiday weekend of the 28th April - 1st May

Friday early morning eurotunnel and head to Spa, then on to the hotel in barweiler near the Nordschleife for a luggage drop and overnight

Saturday morning head down to the Black forest and stay down there after a full days hooning (leave some stuff in barweiler)

Sunday morning continue rides around Black Forest and then up to the nordschleife for literally a couple of laps before sun down.

Bank holiday Monday take a steady ride back towards Calais for eurotunnel home

Still, that's only been discussed about 3 hours ago so could easily go tits up yet :)

19. That's a lot of riding ;)

20. Deposit for 3 days open pitlane at Cartagena in October paid, wahoo :D. Andy

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information