1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Best Thing Ever?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RexDangerVest, Feb 19, 2021.

1. That would’ve been a helluva thrill. I was in the ATC too, eventually got my glider & PPL licences but can’t claim to have flown a jet at all & certainly not at 14. Nice one!

2. I did get to go in a glider , twice in one day , it was very old , it was open top , I was sat alongside the pilot , they used a giant catapult to take off , didn't get my license though , the air cadets was a great experience , I joined with a couple of mates , we learnt to shoot , went to air shows , I even enjoyed the drill and the parades , wasn't so keen on the itchy trousers .

3. I was lucky I was third choice to go , the 2nd choice was one of the twins from our squadron , but he went awol so I got his place .

4. Those trousers were a killer. Rough, stiff, unbelievably heavy & hairy. Had to wear PJs underneath just to make them wearable. Great times though, got to fly in a Chipmunk, a Hercules & Wessex helicopter. Part paid for my glider licence & got me work experience cleaning & eventually taxiing Cessnas at Coventry airport. I think the PlayStation generation loses out in ways they can’t imagine nowadays

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information