1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Bearing Kit - Front And Rear - Carby

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Anything special about the carby wheel bearings?
    They seem to be easily sourceable for the ie, but not the carby model.

Any recommendations for sourcing these?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bog standard SKF wheel bearings. I cant remeber what they are, but if you remove them just order online. I get mine off ebay usually from simplybearings

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yup, easy to get SKF replacement online. For the rear wheel be aware ducati switched to a narrower bearing mid cycle and used spacers. I want to say its 12mm bearing but not positive. So its possible you may have the 16mm bearing or the narrower version with spacers.

If you have the spacers you can get the bearings from your dealership. If you have the wider bearing here is an ebay link :)

Cheers

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Simply Bearings.....and IIRC there should always be a spacer between the bearings in any of the carbed SS wheels. The spacer is intended to prevent bearing crush when tightening the axle.

Somewhere among my PC files I should have all the SKF bearing references for any of the carbed SSs, including the sprocket carrier ones. I will do a search later today.

5. Different spacer. There is of course the spacer between the bearings inside the wheel. The spacers I mentioned go on the outside if the bike came with the narrower bearings.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry CK_UK, can't find my files on the bearing references.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information