1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Spokes

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by XH558, Apr 6, 2018.

1. I have been restoring a 1974 honda xl250 motorsport for the past four years now:scream:and need to change the wheel spokes,yesterday i phoned Hagon's and they want £275 per wheel with my hubs/rims this just seems to be a ridiculous amount of money,anybody on here with experience that can point me in the right direction without losing my pants

2. Its been some years since I spoked a wheel. About 20 odd. But it can be done simply if you have the patience and make up a wheel jig. I think I used an old swingarm held in a vice in my bedroom at the time. :) Its fiddly and annoying, but when you eventually get the knack (after a lot of swearing and oaths of allegiance to any Gods listening), its satisfying. It helped that I have a dial guage and a magnetic stand. But theres lotsa youtube clips on how. Try it, or spend money as its a time consuming excercise. BTW, you could try a cycle shop.

3. I have given route one some consideration and i'm sure i could do it as i can turn my hand to most things in life,lets see what else comes in on this first:thinkingface:

4. Whats the worst that can happen.

5. Central Wheels will have stainless spokes / nipples for a lot less than the Hagon price, link here
    www.central-wheel.co.uk/

Used them many times, always had excellent service. Oh and lacing /truing wheels isn't that hard. Plenty of how to vids on YouTube.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Yes you're right,,,if you don't try you don't know,, the same sound advise from bootsam/misterB:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Not sure where you are in the S.E HX558.
    Try this place, I had a Honda XL 600 wheel respoked a few years ago there, can't remember the cost. He has a good reputation.

http://www.wheelwiseengineering.co.uk/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information