1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Wheels

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Here's a compromise, get one wheel. Just the front.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nope, Princesses mainly :D yer big hunk of cuddly goodness :kissing:

3. I think I can help you talk yourself out of buying them.

You will not sell the S wheels because when it comes time to sell the bike, the buyer is unlikely to pay more just because it has some named jazy wheels on it. Knowing this, you will not sell the S wheels so you won't be half way there on the cost

A far cheaper option would be to powedercoat your existing wheels to the colour you want

On the other hand if you want to spunk up your own cash because you can, then fire away.

How did I do and what prize do I get? :)

4. not far wrong @noobie , my s wheels would look good painted satin black.

5. @Android853sp im guessing they paint aluminium as well mate?? as 1198s wheels are aluminium.

6. Full range of materials. IIRC both mag and alli alloy wheels get chemical dipped, sillica powder blasted, dye penetrant crack detection, cromated to prevent corrosion then either powder coated or wet painted depending on the colour/finish you want. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. nice one andy, i have used them along time ago though. Did my old 748r dymag wheels.

8. Steve used to be a part of the original Dymag but was made redundant when they ceased trading the first time. He's an up front straight talker who is prepared to tell you if your wheels are crap and not worth refurbishing which always counts in my book. Starts work at stupid o'clock and finishes lunchtime so best to text or e-mail him and he'll get back to you usually within a couple of days. Not cheap (used to be about £240 for a ssw pair) but the quality speaks for itself. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Cattiva is old now, you want the GASS RS-A, lighter than light :upyeah:

10. the gass rs-a wheels are aluminium i belive, though not a bad thing, most aluminium wheels are now lighter than magnesium.

11. iirc they do an alu and a mag version, I think they call the mag version 'race' or something.

iirc they're the lightest non-carbon wheels available... yum yum!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Appreciate it's not a Ducati but Steve did these wheels for Carole's NC29. Andy

20170418_160042.jpg

13. @Android853sp thats a nice little bike andy, you know anyone interested in another cbr 400??

14. upload_2017-6-15_15-50-17.jpeg
    these do look good!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information