1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Do People Buy Their Cable Ties ?

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Apr 9, 2018.

1. I had bad experience with Halfords cable ties - bought a bag of 12" long ties and each one just shattered when it was pulled tight!! effin useless!!

2. DD5C9776-455C-4388-8FA4-698E57EA47C0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lidl have cable ties at the moment a bag of 50 or so of various sizes for £1.99. Can't comment on the quality as i didn't buy any, i liberate any i need from work.

4. We used to get through many many thousands every year when I worked Christmas lights in shopping centres and indeed quality varies massively, as said some can just snap others you can never snap them...funny last night here in slovenia (Lesce) at the Lidl I was looking at a large packet of assorted white cable ties no idea on quality but probably cheap....when I was an industrial abseiler we got a great job on the roof of the g mex in Manchester basically for anyone who has not seen the building it is a domed tin roof so as it rains a fair bit in Manchester the roof was noisy in the rain and the upcoming Labour Party conference when Gordon brown was in charge needed silence obviously (it would have been like constant clapping) anyway we had to tie wrap thin nylon mesh over the entire roof to break the rain up, talk about sore fingers

5. Both sides of the main fairings on my triple nine are held together at the bottom where they meet with a cable tie.
    The little tab broke years ago so I've drilled a hole in each side and they are now held with one cable tie.
    Cheap and grief free.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information