1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where It All Started? Ducati Cucciolo

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Harry hall, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Thought I'd share a few photos of my cucciolo that I've owned for nearly 10 years! I've never really worked on it ive always been scared I'd damage it!. Did manage to get it to fire once but never had it running properly.

From my knowledge this is the first engine manufactured by Ducati? Correct me if I'm wrong? Engine is mounted on a Sun bicycle frame, quite a pretty thing.

Would like to see it running and usesable, so if anyone out there owns one them self and can share some info please let me know.

Also have a spare engine, non of which is for sale so please don't ask!

This was a little hobby of mine and my grandads. He's always been obsessed with classic cars and motorcycles of this era, knows a lot about some bikes people have probuby never heard of. He got me into working on bikes, used to buy me rusty old puch maxis to pull apart and rebuild the engines! Then he took me to buy this and it was a bit above my knowledge Haha!

20201002_183830.jpg 20201002_183842.jpg 20201002_183902.jpg 20201002_183852.jpg 20201002_183913.jpg 20201002_183928.jpg

Thanks harry

#1 Harry hall, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. That’s lovely Harry, are you thinking of selling?
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank christ they've come on a longway since those bicycle days.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cute that.
    Come on chaps, get Harry’s object d’art up and running. Who would know? @Chris @Derek ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I nearly bought one last year:upyeah:, i think they are a great piece of history to own and enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great if you own a winebar up in hipster land,just let it hang from the roof rafters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I love the stunning one they have at the Factory museum.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ..and when not in use that petrol tank could double up as a money boX for the grandchildren.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It is a lovely thing and the typical Italian attention to detail it's a work of art, god i've missed Italy this year:(, i'm going to make a nice Bolognese later:upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. They are a loverly thing just to look at i would want to ride it far! Cleaver as well engineering they use pull rods instead of push rods. Hopefully get it running some day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yes only the Italians excel in that area of niche artform,:upyeah:..........& good idea on the meal choice.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm sure someone will have some help to pass on to you, and yes you have to get it running and hopefully you can post a vid at some point of it running:upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Looks amazing doesn't it! But I do kind of prefer the aged look! Haha!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Will do my best, Thanks Wayne

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just fished out the photo i took of it in our 2014 visit.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's lovely, what a nice thing to have. Hope you get it up and running, it'll be ace fun! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. It’s almost as pretty as my old NSU Quickly!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information