1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where To Buy A Helmet?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, May 6, 2022.

1. I know which one I need but want to get it from a retailer that has fresh stock not somethings that's been sitting around for 2 years

My current one was bought from motolegends who price matched but they no longer have the model I need

2. Sportsbikeshop have a brilliant returns policy, so you try it and check before keeping for good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. This ^^^^

4. had to return a pair of boots two years ago and they could not have made it easier.

5. Another vote for Sportsbikeshop, lucky theres a new store not far from where I live now.

6. sadly they dont sell what i want - arai rx7v in diamond black or frost black

7. Guess it depends on the design/model from the manufacturer, if its a new ‘22 design then none of them will have been on the shelf?
    I’ve just bought a new lid from Helmet city online, it was manufactured 12mths ago.
    Service has been great, it was advertised with a 2nd visor but it didn’t arrive with the lid, emailed them and they replied next day saying that Roof weren’t offering an additional visor with that model but as it was their mistake on their website they have ordered me one to be posted foc.

8. Yeah another vote here for sportsbikeshop, had two delivered and top service and usually close to best price around

9. cheers all
    so this is what ive just done
    ive called my local motorbike shop (i always try to buy local where i can) and they got the lid i need and theyve got boots that i want but dont need. without trying too hard theyve beaten the best prices ive seen online and ill feel good about supporting our high streets
    ill go there tomorrow with my little uns and report back
    the shop is daytona/hgb in ruislip middx and the man is called dave.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Helmet City - top customer service, helmet fitting/tweaking & all-round nice people (in my local one in Cheddar)...

• Like Like x 1
  11. sportsbikeshop / helmetcity ...just know for sure your size head for the brand you go for. Bell helmets can be unfunny sizes'

12. I normally buy at shows, certainly better value

13. Another one for helmet city (off the back of a previous recommendation from Keith), could not be anymore helpful

• Like Like x 1
  14. Helmet City great staff really helpful.

15. Well so much for that. Got to the shop this morning and this happened

The helmet they said they had they didnt
    The one they had had gone up in price by 40 quid but they did agree to price match the quote given on the phone yesterday
    The boots they said they had they didnt but I was given another size up which actually fitted well
    But I did leave without buying anything because the lid I tried on didn't have the decal that I expected

I thought all rx7s had a decal on the back? This was had the gold sticker and a white sticker with rx7v on it but no decal lacquered over. It was date stamped 0120 so not too old but I was told that it was not uncommon to not have the decal

Can any rx7 beardos let me know if I was being sold a parallel import or was I being a pedant?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information