1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Which Battery ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DREVIL, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Cheaper, smaller, extra cranking, extra terminals...

I’m lost on the rest so will end with... yellow

2. Motobatt CCA (Cold Crank) 150
    Yuasa CCA 210

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Motobatt Two sets of terminals and a 2 year warranty.
    Yuasa one set of terminals and 1 year warranty.

There is no need to have more Cold Crank amps than you actually need!

I'd like to see a side by side with an actual Ducati, some decent leads (may be that USA company that makes them.... I think I can hear the Thunder coming on this thread) on these two.
    I've used both over the years and have just a feeling that I prefer the Motobatt.

#23 AirCon, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  4. They are not fusion crimped as well you know, my cuddliest cable customer o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. That's like saying you don't need more BHP / Torque than you actually need :innocent::imp:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mmm, not if the rest of the bike can't handle it and you crash and burn ;)

7. Tried many and always ended back using Yuasa. If they're filled properly and put in to service correctly then they are as good as anything out there. The Motobatt are good, but one -tve is that the terminals are a bit hap hazard. Have had several bikes with electrical gremlins/starting issues and it's always come down to the terminals loosening off. Fine if you're going to check them every now and then, but many don't.
    There's a Yuasa with an "H" in the part number that has higher capacity still, but can be difficult to get a hold of. Stock one is fine 99% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think its going to be a Yuasa they are a proven battery!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. If you subscribe, you can get a Halfords trade card. With that, the Yuasa is about 43 quid iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Motobatt been on my 748 for seven years trouble free.
    Steve

11. What I'd like to see is a small (enough) battery disconnect module, like I have on my van (mines coloured Black and was purchased in the USA). I think these are available in the UK.
    [​IMG].
    This 100% stops dead batteries in normal use.
    [​IMG]

Like this, but built into the bike.
    It wouldn't need to have the starting current go through it, just everything else, so perhaps 50-100 amps max.
    The biggest running current is the injectors and pumps (fuel) / motors (fan) these days.

It works by monitoring the battery voltage, once it reaches 11.7V for a period of time, with no changes in current draw it disconnects it from the vehicle.
    Just tap the brakes to make it come back to life.

12. What a stunning bit of kit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Obviously an issue for alarms and trackers though

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Both the trackers and the alarms alert me to the fact it's triggered. It's always been I've left the lights on.
    It's only gone off about three times in 2.5 years.

It's better than having your van stuck in some dodgy part of London with £35K worth of kit in it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information