1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike Do You Most Regret Selling ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richard H, Dec 26, 2012.

1. P.reg yellow and black blade bought new but needed the money, I really used to look after that bike , then I heard someone had street fighter styled it IE crashed it.
    Bought because I saw the blade and thought I've gotta have it.
    Had the same motivation with my evo corse ,

2. Triumph trophy 650 1969 and 1996 gsxr750.But I wont sell my ducati.

3. All of my 916/8's....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Definitely my 1980 Laverda Jota 180. Sold for £2,000 in 1984. Now? £10,000?

5. So I'm still nearly four grand light!

A mate kept all his seventies bikes - various Kwacker triples, Ninjas, a water bottle plus various Desmos and now has 18 bikes and a lovely pension fund to play with at weekends. Amazingly, he's been married for 30 years to the same woman!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would have only been £1325 back in 1984 according to that website ;)

7. It was immaculate - porous head fixed and valve seat inserts done by Phil Todd. Only 8,000 miles. I couldn't manage it after a bad crash and had to learn how to ride again - on a GS750.

Plus the buyer must have really wanted it I suppose!!

8. Both my 250lc's, my 350lc and my ltd edition John bloor S3.
    I'd love another LC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. technically I'm not selling.
    It is the insurance write off and collection of my 2013 Pikes Peak Multistrada this Thursday (Cat B write off).
    It has one more years Ducati warranty (purchased as an extra).
    It was the best around motorcycle I've ever ridden. If I ever return to motorcycling I will get another or very similar.

#210 AirCon, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  10. How long before it shows up on eBay and how much for. They'll sell it on for upto 50% of what they gave you.

11. they have promised £13200 so no on this occasion.
    the insurance wont allow salvage buy back

12. They'll sell it to someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. They can sell it to breakers as a parts only bike. But the frame will be scrapped along with the v5

14. I had a tuned RD350YPVS motor, in a modified frame with kwak KR1s, front end, rgv swing arms and wheels - which was built by a friend for me.
    I loved it! It never blew up not matter how much I abused it (premixed silc pro2). I crashed it and later had it grafted into an alloy TZR chassis with RGV250 front end AND back end. I never had it finished but really regret selling it...

Other than that, I sold a KX250 which belonged to a guy who built race engines and that was awesome.. all the other Japs > four strokes have been very good but not so memorable. I had a fast R6 back in 1999/2000 but having rode one since it is not that special by todays standards.

15. What a fantastic bike. I'd love that. I realise that probably hasn't helped soften your sense of regret. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information