1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Classic Bike Would You Buy?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rman, Jan 13, 2019.

1. May be more fun, but only for a short while especially the 750 Combat engine. You'd soon have to learn how to take the engine apart.

2. Copied this off another forum re road tax exemption

I emailed DVLA today to ask about Tax and MOT exemption for my 1979 400F which was first registered 3 october 1979.
    this is what they say
    It may help if I explain that the historic tax class is a 40 year rolling exemption which is renewed on the 1st April each year. On the 1st April this year, vehicles manufactured before the 1st January 1979 will now become exempt.

Therefore you vehicle will become eligible for the exemption form the 1st April 2020.
    In order to amend the tax class to historic, you can apply in person at a Post Office® that deals with vehicle tax.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Yep spot on that I’ve a 1978 bike and went to post office and they said it’s exempt from 1st of April this year, the mot is automatically exempt you don’t have to do anything about that , when you go to tax it ( you don’t have to pay anything but you still have to tax it as such ) they give you a mot exempt declaration which you just put the reg on and sign it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seen a cbx1000 and an nsr250 for sale. I'd have either of those. Oh someday I will get an rgv 250.

5. That was only from new, with the combat motor. Once the superblend bearings were in then it was all ok.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. My understanding is the rolling year commences from 1.1.XX, not April.
    o_O

7. I have one of those for sale later this year with 4500 miles :bucktooth:

8. The mot is that but the tax is April to April , I phoned dvla about it as I thought my 1978 would be tax free as soon as it was 2019 but alas it’s April this year

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2 fizzys:p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information