1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Which Lithium Battery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rossdj, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Don't bother mate. What's the advantages? A small weight loss? I've pondered this myself but having looked into it I'll stick with what I've got.
    I'm quite into cycling too and it always make me smile when guys spend a grand or so shaving 200 grammes off their bike. A good crap or a few less pies does the same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You should google the weight of the average human dump, you'd be a fair guy to pass 2kg of crap, but then some people are full of it....lol. I have Li batts on a number of my bikes, tbh I think they are great, on the other hand I have others with lead batteries, guess if it floats your boat then do it, personally my Duc starts a dream on my Li batt and I have been very happy with it for the last two/three years..

p.s if your worried about looking up the weight of a human turd, don't, people read about shit all the time.

#22 arthurbikemad, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Stronger cranking amps. Better shelf life. 3.6kg weight loss. This is big shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. La la la la..... I'm not listening.... La la la la....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Come on Mary, get yer cash out, what do you want a big lump of two hundred year old lead tech in your bike for..haha

If your I to all that posh peddle pushing you can afford it ;) wink wink

6. Ahh, go on then.... spunked me cash on much worse, s'pose....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The force was strong...

8. These fine for 1198 too?

• Like Like x 1
  9. works fine on my 1098r - i have one from racing battery. 1.2kg compared to what it had - around 4-5kg. My race bike has the 0.6kg one and thats been going strong for over 2-3 years now. When cold - just take your time. biggest issue - don't keep cranking trying to start when cold.

10. Hmm easy weight saving. Think i will take a punt. Do the batteries come with an adapter for the battery cradle as its smaller?

I can always use my OEM one as spare.

11. Group purchase going down? :Greedy:

12. OEM Cradle is fine - but the battery is small - you need to either cable tie it or get a special cradle or fill the cradle with other stuff. I used a plastic box to stack it (ones from fancy lightbulbs)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. There is a Ducati Corse battery box which is purpose sized for the smaller LiON battery. It shows that Ducati know lithium batteries are fine for use. Doesn't the SL come with a LiON as standard? Easy way to shave 3.6kg.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Etherion, what's the 0.6kg one you mention ?

15. Does your average smart charger charge lion batteries or do you have to buy a new charger too

16. I bought the correct charger for my shorai theres a plug in the side of said battery for charging . Mines been on for 18 month or so and has been down on charge once after a power failure . I thought the charger would reset itself but on that occasion mine didnt and a few weeks later, when I noticed, it was too low to start the bike . Recharged ok though and has been ok since . I have a tracker fitted that does take charge from the battery .

17. new liOn charger needed to prevent frying the batt.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Some places are selling Shorai batteries with a charger. Bit more expensive than just the battery obviously but cheaper than buying seperate. Shop around folks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. My Panigale R has a Skyrich lithium battery which came with Skyrich charger as standard - no probs in 3 years
    Seems strange no one considers Ducati’s choice.

20. This is an old thread before Ducati fitted them and probably before Skyrich even made them? Since this thread quite a few Ducati's, especially 1098's have set fire at the reg/rec due to the fitment of Lithium batteries - Ducati state they should not be fitted other than on bikes designed for them like your pani.
    There are many threads regarding this - you appear to have picked a 5 year old thread to discuss? :thinkingface:
    Welcome to the forum anyhoo :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information