1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Rubbish Old British Car Would You Choose ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Aug 31, 2019.

?
  1. Austin Allegro

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. Austin Princess

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. Austin Maxi

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Morris Marina / Austin Ital

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Austin Metro

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Ausitn Maestro / Montego

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Reliant Robin

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Hillman Hunter / Avenger

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  9. Talbot Sunbeam

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. Vauxhall Viva

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. The sight of that car makes my eyes water to this day. :sob:

I'll explain.......My dad was a bit of a part time mechanic when I was a kid, who ended up working on his mates cars somehow. I can't remember how it happened, but I was helping him push an Imp for some reason by the rear of the car, the boot lid (engine bay) was open and I had my hand over the rear wing. The boot lid came down and my right thumb got hit right on the nail, taking it clean off. :tired_face: I can't remember much about it these days as I was probably around 10ish. I think it hurt my dad more when my mother got a hold of him. (Favourite son :innocent:) To this day, 40 years later, my right thumb is about 2mm wider than my left (the nail anyway) :confused:

So f**k Hillman Imps. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. My first car was a 1980 Austin Maxi.... brown. Much to the amusement of my mates. I paid £100 from the local vicar for it. It last 5 days before I rolled it and the roof ended me 6" from the lower doors.... they don't handle too well. But it do 118mph ( according to the speedo in that time ). Although I wouldn't have one again, if it wasn't built like a tank I probably wouldn't be here now. By the way.... my vote would be a Austin Mini on 10" rims ;-)

3. Ah,the shove it.

4. Perhaps one of these?

chevette.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. i say he got the sack. but he was actually demoted from captain to first officer. for taking unnecessary risks. if i mind right it was down to attempting, and succeeding tbf a landing in excessive wind sheer.

6. Perhaps they wanted him to hover until the wind died down?I wonder what his choices were?

7. fly around i guess.

8. My friend has just bought a new Exige 410. It's his track car, replacing a VX220. £82k it cost him, not sure if that is retail or he has added a few bits to it.

I saw him at the weekend; had no idea they were still making them as thought they stopped years ago, shortly after they were first produced.

9. I voted Princess only because I used to get a lift to work in an Ambassador - MKII Princess - and it was truly shit :(

10. 1C7A08E6-4653-4CC1-8C18-F4361F428406.jpeg I’ve a Marina TC. Now 1950cc and much modified. It’s a rapid thing!

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Capri is pretty shit especially this one

978AD6F4-B35A-40BC-9A18-63EC530DEED7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Austin Cambridge

Do Not Sell My Personal Information