1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 'sp' Model Of Each Series Is More Collectable?

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by 750steve, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Anybody, anybody? Bueller, Bueller..?

2. No the the RRR was something different,they made 50 off them and where trackbikes.
    Those 851 SP3S is something strange that some people even say that it never was build.

Henk!!!

3. Thank you for the info and clarification Henk, much appreciated
    I knew the RRR were in low numbers but had no idea specifically what numbers and since I've never heard of an SP3 SPS i thought maybe they were the same thing
    If I had to choose just one, I think the RRR would have to be my fantasy, lottery win Ducati. I also love and covet the vtwin Superleggeras, but they're common as muck in comparison!

4. I had heard rumour the V4SP2 may well have a seamless gearbox. No idea if that is true or not but i heard that from someone in Italy.

It will no doubt have a seamless price to match.

5. for Ian faloon (one of the top ducati experts) the 851 sp2 is the first ducati to win a world superbike championship, it is one of the rarest and most important historically. difficult to find one in perfect condition because 80% of them went to the races.
    in addition to this it had the particularity of mounting the winning 888 engine for the first time.

6. Also, the older SP bikes were close in specs to the bikes that were raced.
    888 and early 916/955 were quite similar between road and race.

7. There is/was a SP2 on eBay for reasonable money.
    I like the thought that rarer bikes are practically free to own, but investment wise they are shizer longterm. If all this 2030 lark is to be believed, only the real works of art will retain any value.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information