1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tracker

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by freshage, Sep 18, 2020.

1. PS a big chain is always another good deterrent (and dog!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Along with the speed..........

3. check, as I think it comes with bike trac fitted, or at least should. My V2 did, with a free years subscriotion. Most models do other than the scramblers. My understanding is that this isn’t a promotion but a new part of the bike as it’s key for insurance in a lot of cases.

4. @broke, what part of my post do you disagree with ? Andy

5. I'll mention it tomorrow when I go to the dealership to pick her up. Thanks mate!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. :upyeah:Bike-Trac gets my vote. I've had one fitted to my current and previous Mutlis and due to someone (NOT me though......:expressionless:) not remembering to turn the ignition on or to properly use service mode, the damn thing has registered a problem, with the resulting call pretty much immediately happening. I think the three year subscription is around £225.

7. Pennies in the grand scheme of things. I'm hoping to have a tracker, aside from that, I've bought a Abus Granite 8077 mostly as a deterrent as it's alarm is horrid and it's VERY sensitive from the tests I've done.

I'm just itching for tomorrow to get the bike! I sold my last multi (1200 S) back in 2015 I think? Since then, owned a older Monster for a town runner when I was living in San Francisco and a Yamaha R1 which was fun, but... Not for the longer rides.

Come on tomorrow! Hurry up!

8. None !
    Fat fingers I'm afraid, now been rectified :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Another vote for Monimoto.

10. I fitted mine so that I could recover, if stolen, whilst on tour. Didn't want to have to be recovered or find my way back home in my bike gear!

11. I have a Biketrac fitted, and they've been on the ball when I've moved the bike without turning the ignition on.
    But from what i can gathere now is, if the scrotes are clever enough and have the right gadget they can now find and negate the tracker fairly easily.
    But I shall still keep mine going.

12. When I got mine swapped over from my DVT to the 1260 the mechanic told me that the other dealer had fitted it in a really obvious spot under the seat. They refitted it inside one of the front fairing panels so it was hard to find without stripping panels off

13. Biketrac me too.

14. I have biketrac for years pretty good with calling when trigerred its additional deterrent with chains choosing safe spots covers rottweiler

15. I have used Biketrac and the Datatool Trakking. I think both of them are very good. I also have a Datatool Alarm/immobiliser which is *really* loud and annoying, a monstrous disc lock on the front, a monstrous chain and padlock through the rear wheel and swing arm, all security chained to a concrete pillar. Other than that I am a bit lax about securuty...

16. speaking to a dealer a few days ago he mentioned there was a promotion with a free Biketrac on any new bike purchase. He also mentioned since the promotion has finished dealerships still have many in stock so its worth haggling to get one fitted for free? worked well for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi, as this post is old are there any newer recommendations please for trackers or any new ones about to be released?
    MTIA
    Cheers

18. I've just had a Biketrac put on my Pikes Peak. So far, so good, as long as I remember to Geofence my home, and put it into service mode when the bike is at the garage.

#39 Multirider75, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information