1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tyre Pressure Gauges Are Most Accurate?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Freerange_egg, Sep 17, 2020.

1. you are right, all concentration is needed and always have to make slight allowance for air-loss. I've used a digital one in the past which is a bit better for this, but couldn't find the patience to deal with it's random ability to change setting from psi to Bar or Kpa etc. I nearly bought this the other day:-
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I remember reading a bike magizine article on this subject some years ago & one of this type pressure gauge was rated the most accurate !

3. interesting.. you sent it back?

4. Yes, they have offered a refund no problems so can't fault the seller. Just a good job I had other gauges to check it against.

5. FB5705C1-3C4F-4EA4-968A-01EA9FEB117F.jpeg I wondered if I still had the one I used to use and here it is :grinning: dust an all

• Like Like x 3
  6. Were the other four calibrated gauges ?

7. I compared it to my other 2, it was 4 PSI low. I had previously compared my others at a TD as my old tried and tested was not agreeing with the new one so I sat on the floor with several from around the pit to get an average.

8. My point really is just make sure to check a new one against some mates ones and then do it at reasonable intervals.

Or don't, I don't mind what others do.

9. this is what I use and it’s been faultless for years despite having a hard life

10. Just remember folks - a digital readout only makes it easier to read, not more accurate/repeatable. All that display is going to show is what the sensor and it's associated electronics (both easily complete shite) are sending it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. +1 for Venhill

12. KTM's gauge is quite famous around my area.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information