1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Wants To Buy My 999s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mr C, Oct 6, 2014.

1. I agree. Thats way too much. A base 1198 is circa 8k? I wouldnt entertain a panini but the mini panini. Its all I can do to stop my temptation to buy an 899. Ive had several goes on one and they are truly brill. My 1198 is better than an 1199 for me. For some reason the 899 feels like my 916 but smoother.

2. A ballpark figure might be useful for people Mr C

3. Was thinking £4200 being a fair price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ill pass that on as a mate said he liked it ( ipassed the link) and hes looking for a bike. But he is a decisive as a woman and thus will probably choose something else entirely. But hey ho. :upyeah:

5. I will be doing some fresh pictures at the weekend and getting it advertised to the World soon

6. Just doing the sums and I might break

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. down?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I think that you should buy a Diavel and become the Devil himself. :upyeah: :) :upyeah:

9. Let me think about that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ive got an RSV4 factory (old 59 plate - pre aprc) - cant ever see myself getting rid of it (well, im saying that now). Ive had it for just over 2 years now. It doesn't get a lot of use but mechanically its been fine. Yes its had a fair bit of dosh spent on it (mostly upgrades) tyres, brake pads the usual. Mine apparently is the worst version (why I don't know as its been fine) The only thing its "needed" is the rocker covers upgraded....the original design was prone to leaking which mine did - they should have been done on a recall but weren't so I had to and because it was a factory they were magnesium...

The worst part is spares....I live in Bristol near fowlers who I gather are the national hub for Aprilia and they've not got much in stock....the rocker cover order took it off the road for 12 weeks or so...ordered 2, one turned up after 6 weeks....another 6 weeks for the other one....however I just ordered a fairing panel for a friends RSV4R and that came in 2 weeks so I might have been unlucky....

If I got rid of it what would I get: An aprc version or a Tuono V4. Great bikes....

11. I had heard that getting parts are a complete nightmare. Love the look and love the noise but I'd just end up setting fire to it if I had a long wait for parts.

12. That is the downside but as I say it may just have been me being unlucky with those 2 particular parts....and I hasten to add I could have put it all back together and rode it but it takes so long to strip....(another point) if you want to get to anything on it everything else has to come off as its all packed in there....

Id say have a test ride the spares issues will disappear into the distance once the throttle is opened.

13. I had one for a day when they first came out, loved every minute.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information