1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Whoops...this Just Ended Up In My Garage!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, May 14, 2018.

1. im sat in the middle east for a few more weeks, so pictures are always welcome :)

thanks for the tip regarding the fasteners, i also did something similar with the cable running, but yours are much more ' robust' than mine i would hazard a guess..

2. Hows the cerakoting holding up. My hyper is currently sitting in boxes and bags at Ducati Johns waiting for its rebuild slot (engine along with a load of other parts have all been cerakoted).

And yeah - picture heavy...bring it on...

3. Cerakoting is holding up fine. Pretty bombproof really but it is expensive. I had the swing arm and airbox/monocoque frame done (colour matched to the magnesium casings/parts on the bike) and several other parts such as the clips ons and footrest brackets, suspension links etc. by Hi Spec Coatings in Sussex. Excellent finish and extremely hard wearing coating. No complaints here.

I'll ponder on a build thread for now. It'll likely run to several pages and that's time I don't have at the moment so I might consider it, maybe by updating it a couple of times a week. Am considering whether by documenting the build I will see if anyone wants to take the bike off my hands as is (for the right price) or tear it back down return, it to stock, trade it in for the V4S and sell on the numerous parts. All I will say is anyone who wants a 1299S with almost everything but the kitchen sink on it that has been painstakingly built from the engine up, will be hard pressed to find anything similar. I might post up a modification list on the thread as well, as I go. Never added up the total spend as it's not something I care to think about if I am being rational. Probably way too much.

4. Oh - you selling your 1299 then?

And yes...i dont care how many pages it takes...do it! you need to, to quench the OCD thirst...

Go and have a look at my thread....loads of pics on there of the engine coating...loads more coming too...

Assuming i had the money for a 1299 thats [yours] is exactly the bike id go for....

#24 comfysofa, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Put up all your build threads, I have winter coming you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information