1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Done Jerez??

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Off there very soon and quite excited. I've never done Jerez before but I hear it's great.

I've booked some tuition so should be kept fairly right. Who's done it? Anything I should know? I'll be on the beast that is the V4S :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. I’m off to Jerez for the first time in February so wouldn’t mind a bit of advice either.

3. I'll tell you all about it..... Hope it doesn't piss down all gig. I see the forecast has gone all Glasgow on us. November. Standard.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. One of my favourite trips.
    Great circuit, lovely hotel and the old town was fantastic for eating, drinking and sights.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trying to remember, I think I was riding the 853 when I did Jerez but do remember it being a fantastic track to ride with one exception, the Jorge Lorenzo corner which is an awkward left hander that brings you back onto the start finish straight. The circuit is technical but fast and free flowing especially the sequence of 3 bends that precede JL corner which are very fast. The pit lane entrance is just before JL corner and very easy to miss the first time not that I speak from experience of course. New tarmac for the MotoGP this year and I don’t remember any gripes. As has been said, find your way into the old town because the little bars and restaurants are great. If you are staying for a few days, a trip to Cadiz is worth it as is Seville. See if you can find the ice cream parlour that supplies confection to the current Pope. The best stewed apple (tarte manzana) flavour ice cream I’ve ever tasted :yum Andy

#5 Android853sp, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Worthy of TripAdvisor

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Very fast and pretty much flat should suit the V4 I think. I'm not a great fan but I'm in the minority as I like elevation changes and awkward technical corners like JL corner.

I will probably go back and give it another go sometime as I didn't have much luck the two times I went and had bike trouble on both trips.

8. Alright matey, what was up with the bike?

I should like it because I'm drawn to fast scary corners.... :eek: And I believe Jerez has a few. A lot of people didn't rate Valencia but I really liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It takes all sorts :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I like a track with varying elevations like Portimao but I’ve heard good things about Jerez

11. It's geat!
    Old school GP circuit,fast and flowing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dropped a valve which obviously hit the piston and damaged the bore £££££.

13. I’d recommend not riding from Gibraltar doing a trackday in 30+ degrees on road pressures then riding back to gib.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheers, I'll try and avoid that :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Was a 954 fireblade was an awsome circuit although I’m a complete novice or was but amazing day despite nearly getting taken out by a wild Spaniard who lost it on a bend and a lad I worked with on gib showing me the way on his r1 happy days indeed.

16. Mega circuit. Lots of grip. No dramas so to speak

• Like Like x 1
  17. Which companies go there? I usually go with Tracksense (who are fine) but I don't think my 2020 work schedule lines up with them. If I like Jerez, and I think I will, I'll be up for a road trip there next spring/summer.

18. I’m going with Pacedayz but No Limits go too

19. Yeah, looked on their website but not much in the way of upcoming events. Don't fancy NL or FE.

20. Pacedayz in February mate

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information