1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Using Michelin Power Rs?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JamOnIt, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Non bike specific I guess. It says "Michelin recommends that you follow your manufacturer's instructions for road use." They are cold track base line.

2. I contacted Michelin and they just said set to manufacture spec. I've set to 32f/30r. Seem a tad soft for road.

3. lol, got my ft and rr wrong way round... but there was quite a discussion about pressure as the fitters weren't convinced the lower ones ducati recommend were any good for road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I ve had M7 RR fitted to both a 998 & 1098 and they have been a great road tyre for me especially a quicker turn in so what would you say they are they ,
    Better
    The same-ish
    Worse
    Road tyre ?
    Thanks

5. Heres my Diavel having them fitted last week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Initial thoughts are my bike turns into corners and 'rolls' better, mind you, the OEM Pirelli front was worn really unevenly. Almost gone on the right hand side, but quite a bit left on the left. The rear was ok for perhaps another 500 miles but I wanted to get a matching pair.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  6. @JamOnIt hows the tyres getting on? Got a 848 and about to purchase some next week and I'm in the "read every tyre thread possible" phase.

Stu.

7. Haven't been used in the wet Stu, but so far so good. Bike turns in and rolls better, haven't had any moments under braking and the 848 feels so much livelier. These tyres suit me and the bike really well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. IMG_0695.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice HDS marcher you have there.
    I am looking to try a pair of these tyres also after having the metzeler m7rr for quite a few sets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Just put a set on the 1299, so far very good

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah but Gavin, I know you think yor Triangle trike is something to behold.... But I would rather take advice from those who have moved on from their action man battles thank you.:motorcycleduc:
    :p

12. Yeah but Gavin, I know you think yor Triang trike is something to behold.... But I would rather take advice from those who have moved on from their action man battles thank you.:motorcycleduc:
    :p

13. image.jpg
    Hardly worth tyres like that !

14. I'll be honest Pete, that looks like to much for me to handle, I know my riding capability:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fitted a set today, how you getting on with pressure?

16. 32/30, have Silverstone soon and will go with 31/28 they suggest on the website for track.
    How you finding them so far?
    Very different to p-zero but nice and sticky!

17. Evening, I've only done about 75 mile on mine so far, on first trip it was just scrubbing them in a little for 20 mile and everything was fine, second time I was pushing on a bit and when I stopped for fuel I had a look and feel and noticed that they weren't as hot to touch as the Rosso II I had on. Maybe I have to much pressure so not moving to create the heat??! After discussions when fitting I have 32 Front 30 Rear

18. I've not turned a wheel yet.

32/30 is quite low at the back. I normally run 32/34 on my other tyres.

19. First ride today, not exactly blown away. Took 1st 50mls very easy. Had some fun after that. Already at edge of tyres. Set to 32F 34R cold and using Shazams method for tyre pressure (10/20 rule) that's too high. Will drop and try again next time I get a chance.

Anyone else find the ride harsh? Hands, arse and feet felt sorer than normal. Maybe it was just because I was riding slow :-/

20. I've had these on my 959 for a couple of weeks now and can honestly say they have transformed the bike. I wasn't a fan of the Diablo corsa. You can really lean on them and give loads of confidence. Defo give them a try if you're due new tyres. I paid £216 For a set of oponeo

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information