1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Using Michelin Power Rs?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JamOnIt, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Not really. Plenty do them without warmers. Or do it with mates and get them to take your stands and warmers ;)

2. OK, so i just need mates.......

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Come on man ffs... Your rear tyre is destroyed because you've set the geometry all over the show, go on show em - at least give em the whole story - that way they may be able to help you

4. Nope. Was screwed after Silverstone and I hadn't touched it then.

5. Still because of geometry and tyre pressures alongside riding stye :)

All been there, I certainly have!

6. Evening, I've done about 500 miles and more than impressed, I do push on pretty much all the time I ride and getting a good wear and slight peel all the way to the edge, warming up well and staying hot throughout, Front 32 and Rear 30 cold. I have the suspension set up for my weight and style so maybe your issue is with your setup which is normally exaggerated on track.

Stu.

7. You're saying your tyres were fine until you changed to the
    new ones and suddenly they're trashed with very little use?
    Shoot me if I'm wrong but I'm not buying it.

8. Pirelli Rosso 2, New this spring, 900 mls including a dyno day and 2 TD's, one at Snett and one at Silverstone.

IMAG1479.jpg

Then with NO change to bike accept for a new tyre (190 went to 180) and change gearing from +2 rear to -1 front this is 100mls and 1TD at Silverstone. Damage was done before any suspension/geometry change.
    IMAG1479.jpg

IMAG1512.jpg

#68 Cream_Revenge, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. Once I have a new tyre, next TD i'll book in with the suspension guy and spend the day getting it right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dude, just put it back to standard ride height and go with good pressures. Your issues was caused by poor pressure choice and then the compounded affect of even further from a good pressure. Add into that a shortened gearing, so likely mid corner in a better rev range asking more of the tyre and heating it even more. Plus they are track orientated tyres, nothing like those hard pirellis.

Stick 27 cold in, if it starts to tear after a session stick 26 in...fast riders using these are 26 off the warmer so more like 24 cold

11. I like this ride height, it handles SO much better and is generally accepted as the way to go for handling. Damage was done on TD1 before all the changes and I want to get these changes to work. Gearing was already +2 rear and changed that to -1 front and back to standard rear cog so that's like 1/2 tooth difference so I can't believe that's the issue. Tyre guy is saying this should not happen with a few PSI wrong, it's going back to Michelin on Tuesday and will see what they say.......

12. Yeah the pro I was exchanging messages with said try Michelin...but it is pressure related and no correction action.

And 'that' tyre guy may as well be a bloke in a shed with an internet connection :p lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pics of my tyres done 3 Track Days all at Brands Gp DSC02956.JPG DSC02957.JPG DSC02958.JPG DSC02959.JPG DSC02960.JPG

DSC02961.JPG

14. In fact your rear on the right you can see an inch wide band an inch in.....

15. Yeah that's where he's applying the power. So he's picking the bike up before accelerating.
    The first pic is soft suspension or wrong pressures and a cold/hot tear. Hard to tell the difference.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. Must admit I'm happy with them

17. 2 clicks of rebound ;)

Cold tear probably, just not as bad. What pressures are you running off the warmers Trevor?

18. Hello Sir
    Hope you are good
    31 Front
    28 Rear
    And i don't use tyre warmers for the last 5years Terry has been telling me to lol.
    Truthfully i don't need a extra lap lol
    I just want to turn up get bike out of van ride around and go home i don't even go in the garages i stay outside like Billy No Mates lololololololol
    I have too change the gear linkage to race pattern as i have it in road shift (what i prefer)
    Mr Rymer is setting the bike up for me at Brands he has ridden all my bikes lol.
    He was the one who suggested i buy R1M glad he did.
    My ducatis would never get on a track way too loud and I've seen so many people get turned away or spend half the day packing end cans (NOT ME lol )
    Like seeing your posts you are very informative on a vast amount of topics you know your onions lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. if i show you my Bridgestones you would be horrified lol
    but thats just how they wear apparently GREAT TYRE the ones that come with the R1M

Do Not Sell My Personal Information