1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Why No Yellow?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Saalagora, May 30, 2020.

1. My first Ducati was a yellow 748. I loved the bike and especially the colour. Anyone know why Ducati stopped selling yellow sportsbikes? I had a white 899 but it was nowhere near as nice as the yellow of the 748.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rumors were knocking around that yellow bikes were slower than the red ? Some technical boffins on here will be able to explain why ! :eyes:

o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I've always thought a Duke in any colour other than red was sacrilige. I'm sure we'll find as many on here who agree with as disagree. Despite my feelings, I'm still surprised that Ducati aren't manufacturing the Pani in yellow. Perhaps the real question we should be asking is where did the inspiration for that grey come from?

4. I watched on I think (and I'm testing my memory) the Monster 821 launch, that does come in Yellow. They said that Ducati ONLY sold yellow bikes in march/april as 'spring' colours, it's a weird anomaly really that they don't understand why but it put them off doing more yellow versions. I was always told the 748 HAD to be yellow, it was the law, a lot of people heard stuff like that so perhaps that's why there are still more yellow 748's

5. Imho they missed the mark with the change to white as alternative to red. Should have been yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2F1BAACA-F410-4429-AE66-60C7303EEC3F.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  7. Didn't they start off in yellow like Ferrari?

8. Yellow schmello

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Interesting - when I did the rattle-can painting of my track fairings for my late-90's 900SS the best match to the OEM was 'Ferrari Yellow'. I really liked that 900SS yellow a lot better than the red ones (Haha Haha I can hear the cries of 'sacrilege!') However, there's no way I'd like my Hyper in yellow...
    There's no doubt 748s are meant to be yellow!
    ducks ready for Nukes:D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. A hyper in yellow... now that I’d like to see... NOT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. They don't sell, they failed to sell the 996s, the last yellow ones became the GSE reps, they had another go with the 749 and same again, low take up, shame as I liked the yellow ones.

12. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd it’ll most probably sell like a turd!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. C52E9CF8-4ECC-4281-8B76-FA336FEAA3DF.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. 1098 looks good in yellow

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. saw one of these at a Brighton meet, it was mesmerising, far more appealing than a red one, but can't explain why.

16. Like seeing a woman with three nipples.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information