1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Will Not Fire Up At Start Button

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rebel, Dec 24, 2017.

• Ignition will come on, juice in the bike and key fob batteries
    • Change Side stand sensor and back to the old sensor when this didnt make a difference..
    • Checked the fuses
    • Cant really check relays on Christmas Eve and replace.
    Just wont fire from the start button on the rhd side... Is it main dealer rectification ? That wont fire, so out on the other bike today for a little run...

1. Hopefully it's the fuel pump relay. Ducati used to fit crap ones but I've not had one fail on a 1200. When the ignition comes on can you hear the fuel pump charging the system?
    Lucky you have a second bike. I was out today, enjoyed it but it drizzled all the way and roads were wet and greasy. I felt better for it all the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aye it does, again if i put in gear and rock it back n forth, then back in neutral... Just wont fire on the button...

3. Could the button be the root cause.? Dose of contact cleaner. :upyeah:

4. Does the engine turn over, does it turn over eagerly or sluggishly, what voltage reading are you getting on the dash?

5. I was under the assumption it wasn’t doing anything when the button was pressed.

6. Op said it wouldn't fire up, didn't say it wouldn't turn over.
    Hence the request for more info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sorry to hear your having troubles with the Mutli Nathan... Looks like you have a few knowledgeable folks on hand to offer advice and help you get it sorted though :upyeah:

8. It’s stories like this that stop me from buying a Multi...be interested to hear the outcome.

9. Hard to tell from the description so far but it could well be just a dead battery or corroded connections, which can happen to any bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. how old is she and how many miles might help a few replies

11. Too many unanswered questions. Does it turn over? How long does it turn over before battery flat? Is battery charging when running? Is there fuel in the bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Take a video of the dash and controls, Off then turn on and press button....
    Is the engine kill switch on?

13. Your Correct - Ignition is on, fuel pump primed, side stand up or down even by passed with paper clip, press the starter button nothing...

Battery on the bike has a test button showing half full, Key fob battery was new from June this year when i bought the bike...

Its registered as a 2014 model with around 7500k on the clock done 2.5k mile since June, service last month...

Theres fuel in the bike @bradders last time it was out was a week or two may be three at a push, i always leave fuel in it... my bikes are taxed all year round...

Will have go and take one

14. Often it’s something simple like a weak battery or connection. Enough to spin but not whack the thing in to life.

15. Something as simple as giving the button/switch gear a squirt of contact cleaner or a water dispersant like WD40. The switch gear is not IP65 rated so moisture does get in. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Te switch on the pre DVT model can be a bit temperamental and worth a clean as above. But it usually stick in or out ime

17. Well thanks for that, will try tomorrow, not back work till wednesday...

18. Some good starting points above for you, hope you get it sorted mate ;)

I know you like them on the road all year but if you still don't have it sorted when I'm back next time, I don't mind coming over to try and help you find the problem :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Where in the UK are you?
    Perhaps a local Mutley expert could pop over for a coffee and help?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information