1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Will There Be A Model Refresh At Milan In November?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by razz, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Agreed with bodywork for a trackbike, what a royal pain ... also that bloody sidestand !!!

2. Is the bodywork that bad?! Took me 90 minutes to completely strip the standard stuff including headlight etc, which is the first time I've ever done it on a bike so a bit of learning. Certainly screwed together better than my old 2011 S1000RR! Got to refit it all this weekend though so may have something to swear about after that!

I love mine to bits, only things I'd change would be working mirrors and a bigger fuel tank. But I hope they don't as that means more depreciation for my bike!

• Like Like x 1
  3. A 600cc version

4. Reduce the purchase price to under £30k for the R model & i might give it some consideration.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think the S/standard model might get the fairing from the R, perhaps minus the wings. I also think it will get the black front frame and a few other details just to make the model line look a touch more similar. They will make a big deal about updated traction control and refined cornering ABS strategy as well, cause that's easy to make up, just got to tweak one tiny piece of the code...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Evo2 traction control makes a hell of a difference for track work though. Mortals like me can now really take the piss with handfuls of throttle and the tc sees to it that you will fire out the corner rapidly.... :astonished:
    Doubt riders will push as hard on the road though. Not for long anyway :bomb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

7. Ive just had mine done and wil be testing it at Aragon next week - have you tried it out on track yet ???

I was using TC level 1 with slicks, with the EVO2 update which is for slicks /track use only do you start further up the levels or stick with level 1 ?

I can find any detailed documentation about the settings etc ..

8. I just stuck with same level (2 I think). I thought it was a bit intrusive coming out of bends (done 1 day at Donington) but when I saw photo's my front wheel was lifted slightly. I'll try 1 on TC and WC when I get to Valencia. Let us know what you think. :upyeah::)

9. Cheers fella

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well a disasterous Aragon trip - had 2 sessions of first day out of 3 and coolant all over the bike :( -

Looks like either rear thermostat housing split/cracked , or rear coolant pipe where it goes into crankcase then into the coolant pump .. or a cracked crankase at the bottom as you can see bubbles in the pool of coolant

Bikes under warranty but back to Ducati.. and £1k down the drain ...

11. Ouch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That’s a kick in the nads @Spud312r
    Hope Ducati sort it.

13. Yeh Ducati Cambridge are pretty good
    One of my buddies who has a 1299r had similar symptoms when his water pump failed theres a bypass valve (ball bearing) in the bottom of the v- crankcase - so I’m hoping it’s this rather than cracked crankcase ...

14. What a bastard. Hope you get it sorted. Is yours an R or an S? Rattly dry clutch?
    I’m in Valencia now getting ready for some fun... hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  15. hi fella it’s an S - puck it up Saturday and straight back to Ducati

looks like it could be water pump - similar to my mates 1199r that had one go
    I’ll ask for a spare just in case it goes again

I wonder if i can get some compensation from Ducati ?

Embarrising - 2 broken Ducati's put on stillages ealry - £60k worth of bikes broken on day 1

Broken Ducati on Stillages - how embarrising £60k worth of bikes.jpeg

16. Was at Andalusia and a brand spanking V4R was spewing its oil via water pump o-ring/seal apparently. Not good enough really.

Shitty luck you had there mate and as I said, hope you get it sorted soon. Keep us in the loop. Good luck ;):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information