1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Wind Noise

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Daddy2coull, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Having tried a variety of larger than standard I decided to go the other way and went smaller
    Bought one approx 310mm from slipstream.co.uk for £50
    Really pleased with it, has reduced the wind noise considerably for me

2. Got a pic?

3. This website doesn't seem to exist?

4. Couple of shots

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boomer - Website seems to work okay

IMG_0284.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. That’s because it’s a different web address name to your previous post

7. As it's a totally different URL then it probably would :rolleyes::D

Check your previous post, you said slipstream.co.uk

8. Apologies - I blame my thumbs, they don't always type what my mind tells them too

9. Wonder if they ship to the US...that looks like a great screen!

10. I can not see the screen on the web, would you be so kind to put the link directly?

11. thank you very much, I hope a good review and I'll buy it

12. Good quality screen, I found the three holes were slight too small, used a file to make them about 1mm larger after which it fitted perfectly. Delivery was prompt and packaging good
    Had it on for about 2,000 miles and it's fine.

13. IMG_0909.JPG
    I seem to have a different givi screen than you. It was better than the std screen, a lot quieter but still some buffeting. Put the Palmer brkt on and it was worse in all positions. So back to the drawing board, at least now I have a spare std screen to cut down...

14. I have not read all the posts so it may have been mentioned, I fitted a small screen to my DVT, when I took the original screen off I took the bike out with no screen. No buffeting no wind noise at all.

15. I am currently riding with no screen until I make my mind up which screen to buy, hoping to find a nice small screen at the NEC bike show. The weathers now turned so unlikely the bike will be doing many miles now though :(

16. Yep, no screen seems to be better than the std screen but on a touring trip, with rain and cold, you might regret leaving a screen at home. So I amtrying to find an optimum solution...

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was experiencing lots of buffeting, tried a few different options screen wise, found the standard screen with Jamie Clare’s spacers and a carberg duke helmet was the best solution for me.
    Then I rode the bike the other day with a Nolan Evo n104 and some of buffeting was back, so I think the helmet has a factor in this problem

18. Yep, I found my visor had a gap at the bottom and I adjusted it out. The difference is noticeable thats for sure...

19. Ordered that short slipscreen above.....I think it will do the trick for me but we will see......:)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information