1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Windscreen Dilemma

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by djays, May 19, 2020.

1. Yes i am going to remove the screen and try it first... then see what the result is..

Do you run a sat nav mount by any chance above the panel? does it interfere with the race screen?

thanks

2. My set up:

Tour X4
    1200S DVT Multi
    Iconic screen spacers
    MRA Vario touring screen

I'm 5'9" so not a tall fellow, bit sturdy but not too round. I found the biggest difference was made by the screen spacers. The Tour X4 isn't too flappy even at speed on a naked bike (Scrambler), flows air well, vents nicely but is noisy. I found even with my RX7 that the standard touring screen without spacers buffetted whether up or down... but was 100% OK (if windy) with the screen removed.

Hope that is helpful, very personal thing though... even the jacket you choose can make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've only had the short screen on my PP, but experienced the tall screen on a loan 1260 Enduro. I was surprised how noisy it was.

I'm 6' 5" and wear an X Spirit 3, so not much help really......

4. I got the Iconic spacers with the original screen (1260 enduro).

Big improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 1260S
    5' 10"
    Ducati Touring screen for long trips or crap weather, gives more protection.
    Summer I use a Puig sports screen with a modified Wunderlich deflector. Sat Nav is above screen with no issues
    I use Jamie's Screen spacers with both screens
    Helmet is a Schuberth C3 Pro
    Seat is a touring comfort seat in the low position but has been remodelled as well to make it flatter.

I don't get any buffeting at all with either screen but I do wear moulded earplugs almost always, as has been said before there are lots of variables in getting the airflow right for each individual rider.

6. No but it would fit. Only issue is the sat nav would possibly be exposed to the elements more. Depending on use might have to carry a clear plastic bag to put over it :D

7. 5'9
    I have a Puig Touring screen and MRA X-screen mounted to it which provides the best results (for me) if I want maximum protection on long rides and during the winter.
    For most of the year I use a Pikes peak screen with windshield risers made from a forum member on Ducati.ms (krazyjohnny) https://www.ducati.ms/threads/2015-2020-multisrada-windshield-risers.728802/#post-7054355
    They work well and you have the option to mount a Ram Mount.

8. I didn't like my standard screen either, and I tried the spacers, but it made it worse for me, I'm 5'10". I went on a tour of Europe last year, 2600 in miles in 10 days, and just before i left I bought a spoiler for the top of the screen, eBay about 20 pounds, best purchase ever, it clamps on to top of screen and you can position it any way you want, adjust height and angle and it was great, cant recommend it enough. I have a Shark Spartan helmet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The best combination I have found is either the screen I cut down small, there's around an inch left above the top bolt hole or the Puig short screen with the Palmers Products mounting bracket. Both ensure the wind does not hit me in the head. However, there is still plenty of wind that comes round the side and across the levers and indicators that creates dirty air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have the Palmers Products screen mount with MRA Vario screen. Not perfect but it's the best I have got it. I have some wind noise but no buffeting.

11. Yes its correct, very specific to each one of uf.. likewise the Tour is better on my hyper.. i think now it will be a change for a Puig race screen...

12. This is also something i am considering than the screen change too, going to check them out today... thanks

13. This will need to be sorted, before and when we are able to travel, as i will use it for a long trip so its really got to take the worst of it my nut.. thanks for the link!

14. I do think this is the best option for touring, especially motorways. You can adjust the angle of the spoiler, up, down, forwards and backwards until you get a good air flow. It's made a huge difference to my trips. When I was in Sardinia I had a topple over and broke my screen. Luckily I was able to tie it together with a drill, Gaffa tape and cable ties.

I initially didn't want to add the spoiler back on but the wind roar and buffeting was intense. I was still able to attach it again, albeit to one side, and it made a big difference for the long motorway trip home...
    BEFORE
    screen1.jpg

AFTER
    screen.jpg

15. Thanks.. yeah even yesterday i switched helmets to my Spartan to see, the wind was raging yesterday and it was just not comfortable!

Yes, its really got to be the right solution for me, there will be lots of miles to cover, going to order it today and test out in UK for the best options....Sardinia is also on the list :).. shame about that smash, but at least you got it functioning again.:upyeah:

16. It was a great place to ride but I think Corsica was better (you can do both easily). Silly drop, went to put my foot down when we stopped on a corner and toppled off as there was a steep camber and a drain on the inside of the corner.

17. I've just ordered this from ebay - see what its like. I am 80% happy with my Pikes Peak screen but its not perfect.

Helmet makes a difference too. My New Shoei NXR is worse for turbulence than my old Arai GT, though better on a naked bike. grrrrrr ....

18. Each rider is different but for me in summer (?) The Puig Sports screen with a modified Wunderlich works well. It didn't at first as I found the Wunderlich was too high and got in the way for forward vision so I extended the notch so it sits lower down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May be of use to you or others who still have issue with the screen extenders.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I used a conquest carbon sports screen on my DVT and liked it so much I put it on the 1260, Iā€™m 5ā€™10ā€ used it for my North Coast 500 trip last year including the motorway ride up from staffs to the borders with no issue. I have it up for sale on here somewhere along with the navihalter sat nav mount :)
    10943CF9-B39E-440B-9375-AA6061A57710.jpeg

20. There are much cheaper alternatives to Wunderlich on ebay that look well engineered. Less to loose if it doesn't cure your ills.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information