1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Windscreen Dilemma

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by djays, May 19, 2020.

1. I’m 5’6 tried loads of screens MRA Puig pikes peak. helmets are shoei neotec 2 and a Schuberth C3
    Pikes peak is pretty good n looks great but not much weather protection MRA is ok but have settled on the Puig racing with iconic spacers which is good for touring offers enough weather protection minimal buffeting at xxx speeds and fairly quiet and still looks tidy

2. True Peter, I added a link to a copycat version further back.
    Ps this will probably not help if you go for the short screen option.
    Short screen works well but makes for tiring longer motorway rides

3. Just a note on this - I also bought a cheap Chinese version to play with and it is much bigger than the Wunderlich almost twice as deep and a bit wider, well built for £12 (ish) and I have tried both. I preferred the lowered Wunderlich (and it looks better), you could cut the Chinese one down but haven't bothered myself.

4. Yes cheers, cant wait to get there when its all ok!

ouch, well a good repair job anyway :)

5. That looks well covered, I also dont like objects in my field of vision, im going to try both options now with Touring and race screen ... fingers crossed!

6. I got the WRS screen, very happy with it, not too big to get in your view either

7. Go short, try it with no screen, then cut and try, cut again then buy the puig sports screen

• Like Like x 1
  8. Got the Puig Race screen.. nice fit and looks good, i think it cut down some of the turbulence, but then after hitting 70.. it was a no go.. tried multiple helmets, and its not useable..
    No i have to try the Touring screen to see if that helps:oops:

9. How tall are you?

10. This is new, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WRS-Tour...954890?hash=item289544058a:g:zssAAOSw9~Ne1RWp and initial feedback from one rider, is that it is very good. I have asked for the 1st gen version of the screen to be ordered to give it a go. Andy

11. I have a screen extender, and at fury you think not so much better, still a bit of turbulence. But then I noticed in summer ie severe thousand miles, not one fly got to my helmet visor! Pretty impressed.

12. I’ve found the same with my extender fitted. Most of the flies are on the top of your helmet and your visor stays pretty clear.
    I have the extender fitted and the screen right up on motorways. With this I can see ahead but the extender is in the bottom of my vision. When I get to the twisty bits I drop the screen to the lower position and it drops it out of my eyeline.

13. 5'7 and a hair...

I put the lowered seat on, now i am going to try again with the standard seat, see if there is an improvement..

I've never had this experience before and its rather frustrating: unamused:

14. Seriously give the cheapo windscreen extender from eBay a try. Transformational first me.

15. I bought an extender, attached it and mid ride the thing fell apart.. screw came loose so it ended up in my bag.. it was okay however they do interfere with your field of vision.... god i sound like a moaning ol git.

16. It is so personal, I found getting the breeze to hit my shoulders rather than my head, getting above it or below seems to work but if the wind off the screen catches you full in the face then you're in trouble.
    I have standard seat with puig sports screen in the lowest position, I'm 5'11" and the wind hits my shoulders, if I raise it up it's a nightmare.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. +1, me too

18. Correct, we are all different.. just never had such an issue with any bike.. waiting for PUIG Touring screen now and i will also change the seat to the higher version to see if that helps..

19. Try taking the screen off, great up to 90mph

Do Not Sell My Personal Information