1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Winter Prep

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Duc1299, Dec 13, 2017.

1. You need to think outside the box :) Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 09.02.50.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mine goes in a Winter cocoon from December to beginning of March.
    Garage is a bit damp, so first layer is a thin plastic sheet from Wickes. Next layer is fleece blankets to completely envelope it.
    Ducati Performance cover on top to tidy things up.
    The battery is hooked up to a smart charger which is run once a week or so.
    Under the cocoon is a little cupboard dehumidifier which is left on.
    This keeps the air around the bike dry and warm, eliminating any possibility of condensation or corrosion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So there’s a bit of variation of ideas how the winter prep is tackled, not sure about plugging the exhaust ends tho, that might trap moisture inside, i will be doing the fuel thing tho, fuel breaks down after a period.

4. I haven't had a problem with fuel.
    Maybe it's keeping the tank full with minimum air in it but it seems to last until March just fine. Shell high octane.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just sell the bike in November, put deposit down at Christmas and pick up new bike in april!!
    Never had problems with rust or starting!!!
    You lot are too tight....;)
    (in my dreams)..

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Silicone plugs, plugged whilst still hot, one of the exhaust valves will be opened so would rather avoid moisture into the engine. Same for the ram air and also a lot less chance of mice nest in the airbox. ;) :joy:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information