1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Solstice Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Seven hours forty nine minutes of daylight today but it gets lighter by two minutes seven seconds a day from now on.

Summer is almost here !

• Like Like x 24
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Good news Wassy for a change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I woke up with exactly the same thoughts, it gets better from here on in... roll on summer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. You guys don't practice pessimism enough. Think of all the Covid restrictions we'll have next year.............

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Just think of the muppets at Stonehenge, probably caused accidents on the A303 already, build the effing tunnel

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. My yes-watch zulu does a lovely effect on the four eqinoxes. Looking forward in the next few weeks too finally recieving my V7 yes-watch wireless!

https://www.yeswatch.com/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hell Yes! Can. Not. Wait.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. Wow, like it! Big funky chunkster!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm now following No. 10's lead and doing what I want now, I'm triple vaxxed so I've done my bit while BoJo and Co have laughed at us all for nearly 2 years.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Triple jabbed too, but it's the international restrictions that are concerning me. As with the previous variants I don't think there's any real way of containing omicron. So why are we banned from France and now Germany? Just gesture politics so their leaders can say they are doing something?

12. If I am not living in Portugal this time next year I will have failed.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Music to my ears

14. If they haven’t worked out that the idea of trying to contain a virus by now is pissing in the wind then they truly are as thick as we all think our ‘leaders’ are :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yay, time to start bike shopping :grinning:

16. There are only two equinox’s in a year and two solstices. The equinoxes are in spring and autumn…
    equal days and equal nights. Equal= equinox!

We have just passed the winter solstice which is the longest night of the year.

It’s true to say from here on until June the daylight hours will be getting longer. Thank goodness for that.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Seasons , equinoxes etc.

Seasons.PNG

The tilt is the thing ..... it's the key to everything !

:no_mouth:

#17 oldtech, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yup, it’s what gives us seasons

19. And with a totally tropical taste :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information