1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishlist.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by squidger, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Hi All

After much deliberating and alot of internet searching have decided that this is what the heart wants to replace my MV Agusta Brutale with in March 2018. Have decided to go for the Stripe as it comes with a little screen which should make seeing the dash easier in sunlight. The oil cooler has a cover on it and the rear number plate is on the tail as opposed to behind the rear wheel which looks better in my opinion. I know its a long time to wait but I don't like finance and by then I will have saved enough to buy cash with the brut as PX.Gonna be a hard wait though.

Ducati-Monster-821-1200S-Stripe.jpg

Color_M-1200S-Stripe_01_1067x600.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sounds like you've been taking about your next bike pretty early. Is the MV no good then?

I quite like the brutale, they look awesome.

3. Ive got the 1200 R, which also has the same bikini screen. Whilst it covers the dash and tidies up the front end, it doesn't do much in the way of shading out the sunlight I'm afraid. Once the sun is above or behind you the screen is pretty much blank - but as soon as it disappears, its back, if you know what I mean. :upyeah:

I admire your ability to be able to hold off for so long, and save your :moneybag:'s - but it'll be worth the wait

4. The Brutale is awesome. Best bike I have had and I've had a few. MV unfortunately with all their financial issues have left people waiting months for warranty issues. If it wasn't for that I would probably replace my current bike with the new Brutale. 2018 is a long time to wait but I change my bike every three years and Nov 2017 is three years on the Brut. Not buying a new bike in winter again so will wait till March. Shouldn't be too hard as I still have the Brutale to ride.

5. Just seen the specs for the 2017 1200s. Loving the idea of 5 more horsepower and the new gear position indicator and the quickshifter as standard also the repositioned rear pegs but not keen on the new slimline tank with 1 litre less capacity. Also only available in red or grey.

6. Update. Happy days. Have saved money quicker than I thought I would and yesterday went down to Pro Twins and bought the bike. Picking it up on the 19th July and cant wait to ride her.

1200s.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Saving is much better than finance. Took me yrs to save for Pani (approx 6) but at least its yours and not the finance companies. Nice choice btw. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Great choice and well done, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm on the 821 Stripe just 8 months now but have my sights set (and savings target) on the 1200R with the same colour scheme. Hopefully summer 2019, the 821 will give me plenty of joy until then. :)

9. Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is it? An 821?

10. Monster 821 Stripe.

11. Its a Monster 1200s

• Like Like x 3
  12. Weather not looking too good for Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed that my first ride isn't wet.

13. Well it was a long wait and shame the weather is pants today but shes home.

IMG_1313.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  14. Only did 20 miles just to get her home cause it was a dull day with rain in the air. Hopefully tomorrow will brighten up and I can get a proper ride in. First impressions are good though. Very impressed with Pete and Rob at Pro Twins. Professional setup and very helpful. Was shown around the bike properly and they even made sure the suspension sag was correct. Pro Twins look like an excellent set up. Good workshop with knowledgeable staff. Bike even came with full tank of fuel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm sure love it, the new Monster range are awesome, the handle well, sound great and just so much fun to ride, especially in the twisties. Good luck with it. :upyeah:

16. Got a chance to get out this afternoon. Obviously running her in so cant go over 6000 revs yet but the handling is unbelievable. So nice to ride. Did 120 miles and really enjoyed it. My quickshifter seems to only be working up the box even though both is selected. Going down the box it blips the throttle and the bike lurches sometimes quite violently so have not been using it down the box. Will get it sorted when I have the 600 mile service done. Have fitted my radiator guard and bar end mirrors. Tail tidy and crash bobbins next as soon as my wallet cools down a bit lol. Love the way the dash inverts in the dark places to a black background with white digits. Really easy to see.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Welcome
    where in UK are you riding?
    I commute Bristol to Swindon twice a week

Jon

18. I live near Gatwick Airport.

19. Great bike, pics please of latest mods.
    I have no doubt you'll enjoy it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information