1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishlist.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by squidger, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Only mods done so far are rad guard and oil cooler guard and bar end mirrors. Next to come will have to wait till wallet cools a bit but will post pics.

2. Took it to pro twins today to sort the quickshifter. Rob adjusted the chain as it was a little slack. Seems to have done the trick. It's a lot better down the box now. Evotech frame sliders should arrive tomorrow and fitted slightly smaller number plate today which looks much better. May leave tail as is for better rain protection as with smaller plate doesn't look too bad.

Can't believe it's rained every day since I picked her up. Fingers crossed for better weather soon although forecast is not good.

Thanks to all for replies so far.

3. I've got a 1200 Stripe and I love it. I found it a bit scary at first because it was wheelying all over the place, felt very light at the front when cornering and was twitchy on uneven surfaces. I got the suspension set up (the rebound damping needed slowing right down) and it transformed the bike. It handles superbly now.

I would probably have bought an brutale if there were any dealers in Scotland when I was looking. I've no regrets about it. What do you think of the monster compared to the brutale?

4. The Brutale was an excellent bike. Quick light and great handling. The monster is awesome. So much grunt it is scary. Too easy to speed as the engine doesn't scream at you but you're still accelerating rapidly. I've got 900 miles on her now so will soon be able to open her up properly and I can't wait. Now saving for termi slip ons.

5. I got lucky because Ducati Glasgow threw in the full termi system with the upmap. Someone on here said the termis "unlock the bass" and that sums it up perfectly. I run it with the db killers in, because I don't want to piss of my neighbours, but I obviously had to run without them for a few days and it is spectacularly loud. When I fired it up in the garage, at tick-over it sounded like a chinook helicopter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got lucky because Ducati Glasgow threw in the full termi system with the upmap. Someone on here said the termis "unlock the bass" and that sums it up perfectly. I run it with the db killers in, because I don't want to piss of my neighbours, but I obviously had to run without them for a few days and it is spectacularly loud. When I fired it up in the garage, at tick-over it sounded like a chinook helicopter.[/QUOTE]

Hi Wally, I got the Termi end cans fitted to my 821 Stripe, I didn't go for the full system for two reasons, I'm not bothered about the extra performance and I also don't want to piss off the neighbours. The cans alone enhance the sound greatly so I can imagine what it most sound like with the full system. :grinning: I've also discovered it's a great safety feature when filtering, I've had other after market cans on previous bikes but none them matched the sound of these cans and idiots in cars don't always look in their mirrors, at least with the termi's they always hear me. :upyeah:

7. Was going to go for a full system to eliminate the exhaust valve in case it seized later on as they do tend to do. I don't need more power so when I was told that the valve will be changed under warranty if it seizes even out of warranty period I made up my mind to go for slip ons at £1200 fitted and remapd instead of £2200. Slip ons still get rid of the cat and have removable db killers too.
    I swear since I bought the bike a month ago there has been a steady glowing in the bedroom at night that appears to be coming from my wallet where the cards sit trying to cool down.

8. Termis ordered. Pics to follow. Also fitted denali soundbomb mini horn. Nice and loud low tone horn.

9. That's it for now. Have carried out the mods I needed to and now just need good weather. IMG_1381.JPG

Louder than I expected even with the db killers in. Has a real bark and bass. Hope weather improves so I can really test it.

10. Looks great and I know it'll sound great too. I took the new 2017 1200S out for a test ride on Tuesday, it had the Termi's fitted too, it was a great bike to ride and sounded awesome, and that quick shifter is a great piece of kit, I loved it. :)

11. I have a monster 1200s myself. Your stand looks pretty cool, can I ask what it is?

12. The stand is made by a company called Constands. You order it bike specific. The stands come with adapters for specific bikes. Costs around £220 which is about what you'd pay for a rear paddock stand for a single sided swing arm bike. Once up on stand you can remove complete front end of bike and swing arm etc and wheel the rest of the bike around the garage. Mine lives on it when I'm not riding. Makes cleaning wheels really easy.

Took bike out today to test exhaust. Sounds really nice and bangs and pops on overrun. Looks good sounds good no brainer really. Should be better with remap next week.

13. Heres a vid of me using a constand on my old CB1000R. Once you've paid for the stand, each different bike you get only needs a new adapter at about £70.

14. Blimey the garage has changed a bit since then.

garage.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hi John. I went for the 1200s cause I wanted all the extra goodies. I already had a quick shifter on my MV Brutale 800 but it was only for going up the box. I fancied being able to use it both ways and having the bike blip the throttle on the way down. Gotta say though the jury's still out on the quickshifter. Mine works really well up the box and does blip the throttle down the box but the gear changes are clunky unless your banging it down quickly trying to slow down at speed. I am using the clutch for downshifting unless I'm going for it. Maybe it will get better as the gearbox wears in. Neutral finding is certainly getting easier with more miles on the bike.

16. Got a headlight fairing coming soon then just the tail tidy and I'm done.

17. Ducatis like to be treated to a bit of carbon every month.

18. This has been an expensive season. Winter will hopefully give the wallet enough time to cool down.

19. Squidger - is the rear shock easily adjustable for rebound & Compression? Reason I ask is I'm considering changing my 15 Triumph Speed Triple R for a 17 Monster 1200s & my wife likes to ride pillion. When she goes on the back of the Speedy I just add three clicks of compression & the extra support makes a good difference to support the rear with the extra load.
    I'd hope to do the same on the 1200s.

20. Hi Richard, yes the M1200S has Ohlins front and rear and both have compression, rebound and pre-load adjustment.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information