1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Withdrawn From Sale

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Dirty Leeds, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. It about time you bought my 1198 mate.

3. I know I wish:)

4. Pm me I'm sure we can sort a deal

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. always liked these:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. £5640

#27 Dirty Leeds, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  7. Could swap you for a lovely early (‘92) 900SS

8. Cheers, but way I'm feeling road bikes are maybe on the way out fella, not sure lil confused confidence on road seems to be keeping gone, I have some training on an airfield in the pipeline but not booked as yet, I'm ok off road, the rvf is perfect for me but yeah kind of wasted.

9. Get some track fairings for the rvf mate and some track days, if you like the bike and are confident riding it your enjoy so much more. I find road riding hard work now to be honest, track is so much easier and more fun. Your enjoy riding again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Get yourself a bike that’s nice to ride on the road. The Monster / Scrambler / Diavel / Multistrada type of bike actually make a lot more sense. Last night we rode down from Knockhill to Washington and then I continued to Lincs and it was a doddle, lovely evening and a nice easy ride with us mostly working within speed limits. Sun was shining over the North Sea and all was well in the world. I got off the bike after a five hour ride (and just one fuel stop) in a good mood having slayed traffic leaving the circuit (over grass, gravel and bonking comes out of the way with my panniers) and then cruised in comfort.

Even though I always gravitate towards sportsbikes they’re the high heeled shoes of the motorcycling world... walking boots or a pair of trainers crush them most days. If you’re the right size for the RVF then something like a Monster would allow you to scythe through life in comfort maybe?

I only like the RVF because it’s a beautiful and superbly engineered marvel, it’s actually too small and too focused for me too. I’d love one though, and my other half is small and would fit it well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. As I've said before it's a lovely clean bike, I'm not sure though that the market is very buoyant at the moment for 400's and I'm not entirely sure why. The only thing I can think is that they are still fairly common, where as the 250's aren't so much so.

I would say anything you can do to show that it really is immaculate will set it aside from the 'crowd' because my friend was recently looking for a VFR and spent hours looking and they were all described as 'mint' but up close were covered in paint cracks, scuffs and general wear.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think it's a 2 stroke thing myself, the 250 market that is. Most 2 strokes are nuts at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. I got spare bodywork fella

14. Get ya self on a track day fella , have some fun on it, after all riding bikes is all about having fun matey.

15. True, I was going to do one start of season but shit out

16. Mate if you want to do one let me know and il join you.

17. They are great little track bikes. And you can get 100% from them pretty easily, unlike most sports bikes.

18. Cheers Alistair top man

• Like Like x 1
  19. your be giving it away soon carl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information