1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woods Of Abergele Sold

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Lord Farquaad, Aug 4, 2021.

1. So it appears that Woods of Abergele has been sold to Completely Motorbikes. Has anyone experience with this new group? Will they keep the Ducati franchise I wonder?https://www.completelymotorbikes.co.uk/

2. Just checked the Ducati web site and yes, Completely Motorbikes, Abergele, is an authorised Ducati Dealer. I have no idea what they are like having not heard of them. Clearly spending some serious money on the group. Andy

3. Woods were a bit marmite. I’ve found them very good. Others had huge run ins with the owner. I imagine they’ll maintain the current staff so it shouldn’t change much. But time will tell.

4. Very possible. Andy

5. I bought my Multistrada from Completely Bikes, they were shocking, still waiting for the service book 3 months later!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Completely motorbikes are buying up everything !! They do get some nice bikes but are expensive and after sales are shocking

7. That doesn’t sound great. I’ve bought several bikes from Woods over the years and they were never the cheapest. But the after sales support has always been great. If that slips, it’ll be a real loss.

Which dealerships have you used?

8. Did you pay for any part of that purchase with a credit card?
    If you did then there may be recourse there for the card company to snatch the money back. Usually gets the dealer to pull their finger out and get it resolved quickly. Hope you get it sorted either way.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yes I did, thanks I’ll bear that in mind, I’ve chased them again and am waiting for a response.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The latest Multis don't have a service book.

11. I bought my 848 from Completely, when they were just in the main unit, at Cheltenham and that was only in 2017, since then the expansion has been huge, personally I see another George White situation coming along, especially when you see the money they are spending on sponsorships (exactly what George White did just before they went under).

The difference here though is that the Owner Rob is a smart cookie, he will have a plan, and has funds behind him so there must be equity in the business, however they need to grow the customer service I feel, I've been there a few times recently and the new sales guys are quite snooty.

12. Last time I went into Completely’s new building at Cheltenham snooty guys would have been an apt description.
    Funny you mention George White - went to Swindon to buy new GSXR750 and was totally blanked in an empty showroom. So drove to Bristol and bought one from Carnells instead. Salesman was from NI, took my firestorm trade in on open two brothers pipes for a test ride round the city centre. He certainly gave it the beans; I heard every gear change.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi
    James the owner (director?) will sort it…I have had bikes off him…May even get some comp vip tickets for BSB! Call him, he is ok..01452 713123

14. Hi Phil.
    They have a plan…latest accounts will be filed soon and they are bang on.
    They have also sponsored ASA (8 bikes) Michael Laverty (Vision Track academy) and Moto GP!!!
    Rumours fly around about 3 more franchises. And they have just bought Suzuki Cars in Chelt!!….
    Watch this space ….

15. Guess they don’t use you for MOTs…love to hear the other side of this story….

16. they do there own mots.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information