1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Lance Armstrong - undeniable talent and dedication.

• Like Like x 1
  2. England has... not in soccer though.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. I'd like to meet his talent and dedication dealer...

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Assuming you are taking about bicycling talent,how many races did he win ‘unassisted’...?

5. Well without a doubt you have watched the best match of this championship, this will not be repeated anytime soon, what a game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm obliquely comparing the attitude displayed towards one vile cheat and another vile cheat, in their respective sports. The disparity is entirely puzzling.

To be a great competitor, you cannot be a great cheat. You are one or you are the other, you cannot be both.

Bugger "talent".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I almost agree with this perspective, but would draw a line between being a great cheat, ie someone who interprets the rules/laws of their game to their advantage and has that canny ability to push the boundary and not get caught (someone like All black legend Richy Mc Caw spring to mind),
    ...and someone who so blatantly cheats that it is so obvious to mere mortals ie when they fall over at the sniff of an opponent in an attempt to get a penalty and roll around as if they have been shot! They lack ingenuity cunning and guile..

Great competitors ARE Great cheats, the offence isn't doing it, its getting caught doing it, especially when its so bloody obvious.

8. Yikes.

Truly - yikes. I cannot agree with that - not that you need me to of course. The idea that the game is served best by players who are capable of disguising unsportsmanlike behaviour could only come from ...

... ahh, you hate football, don't you. Mystery solved : o D

9. take motorsport............all the great innovative success stories have come from cheating.........er i mean interpretation of the rules...
    Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 08.38.51.png

10. and yes i cant stand football or anything to do with football...

shock horror....the third goal was outstanding but that was talent overshadowing his pathetic attempts at what our little discussion is about..

11. OK, so football should be played with, ah, fast cars? OK, I'll go with that.

Pretending to fall down in the penalty area and getting away with it is not innovation, LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Didn't watch the match. The prospect of world class cheating and innovating put me off.

13. eh, there is 2 L's in skill btw elt.
    but, meh, football sucks, we're a cricketing nation now..:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yes indeedy. We showed those Aussies a thing or two, didn't we finm?

15. Whatever else you do, do not engage a Scot with cricket chat at the moment!

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. i diont know, i dont follow the cricket, what you on about loz? football thread btw

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pony tails.....wtf

18. For me most grass based sports are boring....obviously bike racing is paramount....i do like rallysport - especially from the olden days - if any of you on here know or remember the "Havoc" videos they normally featured two blokes the first being Matti Alamaki and i know the name but pronunciation might be wrong "Martin Schanche" - just about every Havoc video had them in it...at each other all the time. In fact the narrators were almost resigned to it..."and its Schanche and Alamaki at it again...." fucking awesome...

Coo - theres even a You tube area..!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrPiCPqLD0RkEL_c2M939Sbxm5L47Xnjn

#38 comfysofa, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  19. Yeah I don’t respect him either.

20. Football would be better if the refs had the power to deal with cheeting and back chat as a rugby ref has....if a rugby player swore at the ref hed be red carded i think cases of diving in the box should be the same.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information