1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Same amount of tickets as last time it was posted o_O

2. Deleted the original post and reposted-for some reason posting from my iphone always doubles the image.
    I'm not pedantic but I fucking hate that...*grrrr*...

3. Well....... England may just do it
    If they get to the final I will watch it :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not really a football fan but at least when England are playing the roads are quite, had a good 2hr ride out yesterday

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ffs

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ah well,theres always next time.

7. 51366B1B-EEBC-4A62-B2E8-0516D61723DC.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. There's no disgrace in getting to a semi cup final

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. An Englishman meets a Frenchman in a pub and starts talking about the World Cup. Englishman says 'We play Croatia tonight.' Frenchman replies 'What a coincidence, we play them on Sunday.'

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. I know sweet FA about football, and that was the first match of the World Cup I watched... looked to me like they played miles better than us :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. We play Belgium on Saturday I believe.

12. Played being the key phrase

13. Looked very tired and flat footed in the second half.

Regardless of today’s result, we would have been bent over by France playing like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. There was a good programme on Galapagos on bbc4 ......

15. Gutted for our boys they played well

Bloody Croatia no 6 and ponytail guy were doing my head in dirty players :mad:

16. We should have consigned them to history in the first half.

After that we looked dead on our feet, which surprised me given they'd played two sessions of extra time recently.

17. Its not totally over yet. Lets see if the boys can shine in the rematch with Belgium?

I'm not a "footie sorta bloke" myself, but I am impressed at the spirit and sucess of our new young team. No shame in coming fourth (maybe third?), and its waaaaaaaaaaay better than most of us expected.

#177 Jez900ie, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. I don’t like football but those lads impressed me tonight for such a young team
    Well done to them and they conducted themselves well after all the fouls they received

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. upload_2018-7-11_22-14-11.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I do wonder what the commentators were watching. ‘Sterling May have mixed appeal? But he was excellent tonight’ and other hyperbole about how good they were.

First half very organised. Controlled. Measured. Croatia didn’t turn up. 2nd half they turned up. We became Bolton: long ball city. Kane did nothing up front. Sterling missed 3 chances in first half where he didn’t even get a shot off. Rashford was terrible when he came on. Very ordinary team made to look very ordinary.

Trippier and Meguire: England stars of the tournament. The only two to show class with any opposition.

#180 bradders, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information