1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worlds Biggest Ever Boxing Mis-match?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Symon Moore, Sep 17, 2020.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Some people just crave fame and will stop at nothing to get it, no matter what.

Mayweather will make him crave a doctor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Like that other nonsense match with the pikey thug and mayweather, it will go the distance. And Floyd won’t break a sweat, even at his age.

3. Yeah you’re probably right Paul, the sponsors will want a show, be fun though to see Mayweather just think “sod it” & let go;)

4. Wouldn't this damage his reputation? (he has more than enough monies)
    Is like when a completely fit adult would take a fight to someone in a wheelchair instead of just walking away.

5. Load of bollox. I won’t even watch it if it comes to pass.
    Mayweather is probably the best boxer I’ve ever seen. But he’s a massive bell end. He hates white people and likes making money so I can see why he’s signing up to it.
    Logan Paul? Never heard of the cvnt. Guess he’s a YouTube star or whatever. Of course he’ll get bitch slapped up and down. No such thing as bad publicity. So they say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I hope so.

7. I’m so conflicted as I don’t like either of them. However, on balance, Logan Paul is merely annoying whereas Mayweather is a positively détestable boorish wife-beating braggart. One of the most disappointing nights of my life was in August 2016 willing Pacquiao to knock the arrogant head off his shoulders, only for Paqman to turn up injured, out of sorts and get beaten.

Can’t they both just knock each other out with the first punch please?

#9 Zhed46, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Totally agree. Bearing in mind Mayweather`s wife beating credentials I cannot understand his popularity at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wouldn’t attempt to defend the guy, he’s a jerk at best & allegedly a lot worse, but as a boxer, he’s top of the pile & I’m at a loss to understand this celebrity posturing. Who wants to watch it & why? If Mayweather fancies it, he could destroy this guy but he won’t so what you’re paying to watch is a scripted show. Again...why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What a disappointing fight that was. Pretty boring IIRC. FM made MP look very average. Which of course he isn’t/wasn’t..

11. Think of it as WWF.
    It's all a pantomime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Anything to do with Floyd Mayweather versus whoever is. When he fought Conor McGregor he (FM) could have sparked him in the first round. But he dragged it out over ten (I think). But at least that was mildly interesting. They're just knocking the arse out of it now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yep. I also blame him for the break up with my then girlfriend as we were flying to Austria for a holiday the day after but I stayed up til stupid o'clock to watch the fight, overslept so we nearly missed the plane and in the rush to make the flight I left my debit card and Euros at home. This led to an argument on the last day of the holiday, which led to her going to her sisters to cool off, which led to her staying there longer term and then we split up. Thanks FLOYD!

I found most of FM's fights pretty boring tbh. He could occasionally dazzle (his destruction of Ricky Hatton being an example) but he also spent a lot of time basically running away from punches and hiding behind his shoulder. It was certainly effective, as 50-0 demonstrates, but often frustrating to watch. (IMO)

14. He had the spooky ability to neutralise opponents. Whatever they brought, he could neutralise. But yeah, sometimes dull. I always wanted him to get smacked but he was just too good.... He was like that feckin Roadrunner- always got away :mad: mee mee...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. boxing is for thugs ..

16. Yep. Like Prince Naseem Hamed. He was another one who needed taking down a peg or two, which I suppose eventually happened when he got locked up, but not before he more or less ruined some poor guy's life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. No, that's banking. Thugs in suits.;)

18. Watched the British super welterweight last week.
    But I am not sure the refereees we’re watching the same fight.
    I think Morris would have needed a knockout to get a draw.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information