1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worshop Waiting Time...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Alan-g, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    Been lusting after a hypermotard since they were launched. Finally got a house with a garage to keep one in so i bit the bullet and sold my car to buy a hyper. Was looking at buying a new 939sp but for the price i felt its a bit under equipped compared to other brands, expecting theyl update it in November i decided to go for a 2nd hand one until a new one is released. Ended up buying a lovely Hyperstrada 821 from Ducati Glasgow at the end of January. And been enjoying it since.

Unfortunately at the weekend i was going to ride through to Glasgow for their season opening when 2 miles into the journey the engine cut out, no engine warning light came on so fired it up again and away it went, until i went over 6000 rpm and it cuts out again and again. Luckily i was closeby and managed to nurse it home.

Only had the bike 2 months and its broke down.

Phoned the service department at Ducati Glasgow this morning and their first slot in the workshop is in may!
    Is this the norm around the country? Or are the taking the absolute P***

Alan

2. That is bad luck with just 2 months under the belt and the summer approaching. Can't help with the question, but I hope you manage to get it sorted soon so that you can get back to riding!

3. There will be variations in waiting times for a slot depending on how popular the dealerships are and current staffing levels at said dealership... This time of year is probably the busiest for dealerships nationwide though as many people will be wanting a service and lady minute bits and bobs doing in preparation for the season ahead.

I know Italia Moto in Lincoln are absolutely stacked out in the workshop too which is due partly down to their success I delivering a good service and partly due to them being a technician down in the workshop.

4. Sounds like the exhaust valve to me, try freeing it up with some mole grips and gt85/wd40 ,Ducati Glasgow are one of the good guys , try phoning them again and put your case forward as a 2 month wait for warranty work is taking the piss.

5. as above, warranty work should be prompt! otherwise contact Ducati direct for some encouragement,

6. I just love the idea of Lady Minutes (bits n bobs)
    ... just not enough of those in the day in my opinion...

7. Yes, UK wide, it is a busy time with riders wanting their new bikes PDI’d or annual services and MoTs as the riding season begins for many but as a new customer and only 2 months into ownership, piss poor customer after care IMO. Doesn’t take 10 minutes to have a quick look see and if it’s really simple, fix. Glasgow deservedly have a good reputation so I’m a little surprised. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. if the bike is un rideable then it is not fit for purpose . i would get in touch with trading standards to find out how you stand legally. The dealer should be able to put the computer on for 2 bloody minutes to see what the problem is so they can at least order the parts needed.
    I had a similar problem which turned out to be the throttle position sensor (a common fault on early models)

9. Is it over 2 years old? If so you probably have a 3 months warranty? I'd be getting something in an email to say "stop the clock".

10. My mate (last year) had a product recall on his scrambler Riders in Bristol quote the following July (yes this year).....we went to Riders in Bridgewater and they did it while we waited. I try to stay away from workshops (if i can avoid it) ill pay if its something i cant do (got my RSV4 valves checked last year) but stripped the bike down which made it a shed load cheaper. My hyper has a seized engine. Riders in Bristol is 100 quid an hour if id have put it in, id be at 500 quid already and nothing has happened....technically...i think Riders for the reference are 100 quid an hour...i might be wrong there though...

11. I don't know if it is normal for the rest of country but it seems to have become normal for Ducati Glasgow. They say that they have made changes to cut down their back log but it doesn't seem to be working. And for us up here there is no alternative for warranty work. For me 100 miles to Ducati Glasgow. 200 miles to M&S, Newcastle, 180 miles to J&L MC, Carlisle, 300 miles to Ducati Leeds or Ducati Manchester.
    I hope DG get the finger out and get you sorted soon. All this reminds me that the Supersport will be due it's 12 month service at the end of June, I'd better get it booked soon.

12. If I had problems with a bike only purchased 2 months previously and the dealership was unhelpful the term not fit for purpose springs to mind
    Would expect the dealership to be pulling out all the stops to sort out

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Whoah there everyone!

Don't be so quick to throw us under the bus here! We're having a really hard time thanks to a couple of serious but unusual issues!
    1) Last month was a complete write off due to weather, we have a backlog as long as your arm thanks to being closed during the heavy snowfall, everything got pushed back by a week. It's impossible to fit 200 hours of lost work into an already stacked full week of work, something's got to give!
    2) Ducati in Italy have changed their warehouse, regular parts supply has been interupted and we aren't getting the stuff we need in the usual timescale we expect. (I expect all dealers around the planet are having the same issues while the situation normalises)

We've got five technicians working flat out doing 12 hour days, 6 days a week to try and get on top of the situation. We're not sitting around thinking everything is ok here.

Furthermore, we've had a new Parts Advisor start today, on top of the two recent Service Advisors we just started. As far as "getting the finger out", we're doing all we possibly can. We've commited serious resources to try and speed up our operation.

Apart from the serious weather, it's the same every year around this time; this is why we try to alleviate the pressure and do winter servicing rates and free pick ups etc to try and encourage folks to winter service. Understandably, everybody and their dog wants their bike serviced in March / April in advance of the new season plus we get a huge influx of new sales for the season too (We've had a large number of V4 just landed). Couple that with the snow and parts supply issues (which should be back to normal soon) and you get the idea.

So my apologies to the OP Alan-g, I'll see if we can get squeeze you in any sooner but please try to understand if we can't, it's not for the want of trying extremely hard to do so.

Mart

• Like Like x 4
  14. good on you Martin to reply in person, I think every one is really appreciating that, however naturally you are very very busy this time a year, but if a customers bike goes wrong to the extend that he cant drive it two months after purchase, maybe you could offer him to at least do a quick 10 minute assessment to see what the problem is, and then you can provide him with a courtesy bike so he can still ride a bike, whilst you take the time to repair his bike under warranty?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm glad to see that you are keeping an eye on the forums and have responded to this Martin. When I saw you at the SDC meeting in February you went to some length to explain how problems with backlogs had arisen last year and how you had put measures in place to enable you to get onp of it this year. So I was a little disappointed to see this thread. However, you have explained the situation and I know that you will doing you best to get on top of things.
    I know I can be critical but I'm also quick to offer praise where it is due. I look forward to see how things have improved in a couple of months. :)

16. Well of course we do where humanly possible and i've been trying to organise exactly that for the last 30 minutes but it's easier said than done given the backlog issues. All the planets need to align if it's going to be convenient times for all parties etc.

And look, it's never 2 minutes or 10 minutes, if we're gonna do the job and ask the rider to come in, we're gonna try and get it fixed first time so he doesn't need to come back.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Had Ducati Glasgow on the phone and they have been very empathetic and accommodating to solve my issue. Wasn't trying to give anyone a bad name here. They are a top bunch of guys [& gals] and are understandably very busy especially with the recent weather issues etc. that Martin has explained. Also Ian Murray burning down will undoubtedly have given the workshop a lot more work than was ever planned.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Very pleased for you Alan that things are moving, and nice to see that more traders get involved and keep an eye on what is going on at the forum, we all spend a fair bit on our hobby, so customer service is of utmost importance.

19. What would be the score on extending the fella's warranty for the length of time it takes to get him in though?

• Like Like x 1
  20. It’s a shame for Alan g , but I must say I’m impressed Martin from Ducati Glasgow has responded. It’s always good to hear both sides of a story.

I hope Alan gets his Hyper running on all 2 again very soon. Great bike btw.

If Glasgow was close to me I would deffo use them with such good reputation. (When they weren’t so busy :) )

Empathise with both

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information