1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Bike Ever

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mike willis, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Yes that belongs in the things you regret selling post :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Unfortunately not, I also had a Triton that was a featherbed, that would be in a favourite bike you’ve owned thread.

The Commando had an isolastic mount connecting swing arm, engine and frame that basically felt like it was bending while cornering. Horrible thing.

3. Really sound awful. The bed jobbie good though I take it?

4. A Honda CD175 - horrible rusty example!
    7783038324_09da33ea7d_o (2).jpg

5. I found it unnerving to ride, so sold it.

The Featherbed I loved, excellent handling for its time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have to agree, as a real motorcycle; rather than a moped or scooter.... worst ever.... Plastic Maggot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would like to correct my original post, the Tina was made by Triumph, it was 100cc and a dizzy 4.5hp
    It was still shit though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Another great plate!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Triumph Tiger 800. A complete and utter bag of scrap.

Warranty is non existant, although recently, a dude at the dealer helped out.

Heading back to BMW, they ain't perfect but their warranty is excellent.

11. A Minsk "sport". Nothing sporty about it... An ancient Russian 2-stroke. Electrics - what electrics. The gearing was appalling. 1st was short enough that you never used it, 2nd was short as well, the gap between 2nd and 3rd was like Cape Town to Cairo and in fourth (yes it did have four whole gears) you could get about 75 km/h out of it going downhill with a good tailwind...

Upside it cost about $100.00 and when I dumped it I got about the same back :joy: A never to be repeated experience.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Not to mention that they also weigh a ton and have terrible brakes

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Honda Firestorm - even with two brothers pipes all it ever was was bland. I'd moan about the tank range also but my 1098 is worse:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Used to get 60 to the tank on my firestorm

• Like Like x 1
  15. my fugly from day 1 up untill the day i diagnosed the intermittant starting fault the dealer and warranty couldnt. then it became one of the best.

16. Never had a 'worst' bike. I've had lots and lots but truly loved every single one in its time. I would have any one of 'em back even now :)

I even did a lot of miles on a Raleigh Runabout when I was 16 lol, the ones you had to actually pedal up hills :D It belonged to a friend, but I often borrowed it before I bought my own moped ( a Malaguti Olympique GT no less !) .

In Yorkshire there is a very apt saying: "second class riding, is better than first class walking" :) I have always subscribed to that ideology

• Like Like x 2
  17. I had a strange moped thing, the brakes didn't work so the only way you could slow down was to stick your foot on the big brass flywheel, that was a peddle up hill job too.
    Nowhere near as shit as the Triumph Tina.

18. sounds more waterbed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. My worst purchase was an SF 750 Laverda that was suffering badly form previous owner syndrome. Once sorted, expensively, it was an ok bike.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I can't say I've had a worse bike ever, because all my early ones were shit.
    But one in particular was a Royal Enfield Turbo Twin. Felt like a rocket ship to me at the time, but if I ever went anywhere and it got me there I had to return before it went dark because when I turned the lights on it went on to one cylinder.
    Another thing about it though was when you opened the throttle it so much smoke belched out of the exhausts people following couldn't see. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information