1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth Asking

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by PerryL, Sep 7, 2020.

1. I have had my ST3 back for a while now. A mate turned it round for me so that the battery side is accessible. Only problem is that the screws that I took out, at my brother's, to get at the battery are lost, because I can't remember what I did with them. I may of left them in his garage or bought them home. Anyway, lost now. I can get replacements posted to me from Riders and as I cannot physically ride the bike, I am in no rush.

Before I start ordering, does anyone have spare fairing screws that they wanna sell me? This is for the lower right piece that covers the battery and the lower right piece that has one big screw to attach to the upper right-hand fairing and attaches to the piece that covers the battery,

Thx

2. Never had one but for starters, do you know this site Perry? v. helpful for identifying older bikes etc.:-

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/eliste/index.php

In the top-left corner, you tick "Ducati" and then below that, scroll down the list until "ST3" reached (and tick).

[​IMG]

you can then tick on each item number and hopefully will add more details and if available.

#2 Chris, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  3. Ta. Useful but it don't look quite right to me but that may be me! I'll go to the sight and study!

4. I'd strongly recommend replacing the entire set of fairing screws with stainless steel items, but especially the four large ones that hold the lower side fairings together under the engine. I've had good experiences with SpeedyFasteners (usual disclaimer): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-S...Wind-Screen-/131559165300?hash=item1ea1898d74.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ta! Ordered!

I was going to go the genuine route but that looks OK. I will end up with some duplicates but that's OK. They do kits for the ST2 as well. That has the fairing completely stripped down now anyway and I don't believe that I have lost anything as all the work has been done in my garage but I might order a set for that bike anyway. You can never have too much IME!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Royal Mail was my friend today. The SpeedyFasteners kit came today and the NOCO battery charger. And beer came from Stroud Brewery yesterday, plus coffee beans are on there way from Monsoon Estates. Done all my physio sessions for the week. And my garden shredder is still working (no blown fuses) so all good!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Same as my ST2 - M5x20 button heads and M5x10mm Well Nuts - replace the lot for around £15 - the 4 underneath are "stepped" and would be better spun in a drill chuck and polished before greasing them up. Do yourself a favour and grease every bolt before you put it back in.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information