1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would 97 Monster 900 Showa Forks Fit A 95 Ss ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Does anyone know if the forks on a monster 900 from 1997 are actually the same as those supplied in the carby SS ? I guess only the part number would determine it for sure?

2. Essentially the same bike, so seems highly likely.
    @Arquebus ??

3. They are “similar” at least, meaning they will fit in the yokes, and accept the axle, speedo drive, mudguard and brakes.
    Depending on what they had to hand at the time 1997 M900 forks would likely be non adjustable Showa, but could be adjustable Showa or some crap Marzochi.
    The standard Monster spring rate is probably light for an SS, but may suit especially if you are getting them improved by Maxton or similar.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. IIRC the Monster forks are longer and as Darkness says the spring rate is different.

Best to find a pair of early 900SS fully adjustable Showas and have them overhauled.

However, careful playing around with spring rates and oil weight with the OEM Marzocchis will get them working fairly well. I only changed mine to fully adjustable Showas, because I couldn't handle the idea of one leg doing compression and the other leg doing rebound on the Marzocchis.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information