1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrs Italy - A Cautionary Note - Resolved

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Sev, Sep 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

Just a quick and cautionary note about using WRS in Italy for performance parts based on a personal experience, and a lesson learnt the hard way so none of you have to.

Back in April I saw that they had a new ohlins shock in stock for the 999, and so off I went and parted with eye watering money for a brand new DU301 unit via their ebay portal.

The shock was sent promptly using their courier of choice BRT which are part of the DPD group.

Three weeks later the shock had not arrived, so I checked the tracking number and nothing came up.

Cue a quick message through ebay, and they confirmed that the courier had no knowledge of the shocks whereabouts. A dispute was raised.

WRS replied back in response to the dispute saying that the the shock had been re-ordered from Ohlins and would be with them soon, with obvious covid related delays.

I questioned this as the DU301 was out of production, had it not been, I would have ordered it form a UK supplier like Kais Ohlins. WRS replied that they had a 'special relationship' and given the circumstances, Ohlins had agreed to send them the components to build a whole new shock.
    The one thing they did not want to do was offer a refund, and ebay dispute Was closed.
    On contacting the couriers, both DPD and BRT deny all culpability saying take it up with the vendor.

It's been four months now and nothing has surfaced. I have six months buyer protection through paypal, and if by end september I have nothing then I'll raise a complaint for a refund through them, as I feel that six months is long enough. Ironically for the same money at the time there was a 999RS shock and linkage for sale, which in retrospect I should have bought and had refurbed with hindsight. Lesson learnt.

On speaking to Kai's who have rebuilt the shock for the 916, and they confirmed that if it was spare parts, Sweden is months behind schedule and I can probably kiss the autumn goodbye if not the whole winter for something like that. Fair cop.

Fast Forward to the present day and WRS are still showing the stock availability on their portal and ebay pages for a 999 DU301 shock.

So the cautionary tale is this... before committing to anything from them enquire as to whether they hold the stock for certain, and if they do, Insist and make sure they send with DHL or UPS or similar for your own peace of mind. Do not accept BRT/DPD delivery. Double check the facts when dealing with WRS.

I've used Omnia Racing and Piricambi with no problem whatsoever, and will continue to do so, but hand on heart I will never go near WRS again. 1400 quid is a lot of money to not see again.

Well and truly - Caveat Emptor.

#1 Sev, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I would start a claim through PayPal now :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sorry to hear you are having problems with them.
    My experience has been the complete opposite over the years, with them discounting stuff because they have had delays, or price beating if I message them with a favourable deal somewhere else. Having met Michele at Eicma a few years ago, he also seemed like a stand up fella.

I hope it all sorts itself out to your satisfaction.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry to hear your tale of woe, Sev.

You say that the shock was sent with BRT, but that they deny any knowledge and refer you to the vendor. There is a clear disconnect here. I have had a few instances where items are shown as dispatched on eBay and yet they take an eternity to eventually appear. Printing a shipping label, or marking the item despatched is all that needs to be done to produce that status. I have come to the conclusion that it is a very simple thing to produce a label to 'ship something' and then wait for the item to come into stock, before then putting the pre-printed label on the box, even if it is a month, or several months, after the label was produced. Yet the shipper has ticked all the 'despatched in good time' boxes' but the courier has never taken delivery of the item, because the shipper has never actually handed it over to them. They know they have a shipping slot for it, but the slot is, as yet, unfulfilled.

Hope it gets resolved in your favour

• Like Like x 2
  5. That status should still show on the tracking though :thinkingface:

6. WRS are a stand up crowd, sorry you had problems.
    I'd purchased £000's of them without issue.

7. So sorry to hear you are having problems.
    Have only recently dealt with WRS for the first time and have nothing but good views.
    Ordered a set of OZ wheels from them during the most serious times in Italy and not only did they arrive on time but also at the best price available.
    Did some research before ordering and found good reviews on them.

8. What a drag Sev.

After reading yours and the other post all reporting good service & no problems, its simply comes down to this:

You have paid in full, you have waited four months and you have received nothing.

Personally I would send then an email requesting immediate shipment or refund by the end of the week with confirmation response within 48 hours. Failiure to do so will result in refund claim filed with Paypal in 48 hours and a notification sent to eBay confirming what has happened and the nonarrival of your goods. Remember Paypal may take another month to resolve your claim. Hopefully this will make them resolve this mess.

Four months is enough time and you have been more than patient imo.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PayPal are the absolute worst to deal with, it will take you months to resolve with them. Depending on the circumstances it is possible you can claim a refund from your bank who paid PayPal, this is possible despite what others might say. Good luck, you will rather stick your head into a bucket of boiling water than deal with a PayPal claim.

10. I don't blame WRS per se, as they did try to resolve by chasing BRT and offering to replace, but I think that the whole going through ebay thing has muddied things. I'll contact them directly rather than mess around with paypal / fleabay.

I'm not going to see the lost shock, or the replacement again so I may as well cut my losses now.

11. That’s a shit storm @Sev . Really sorry to hear this.
    Like others, I am afraid I’ve only had good dealings with WRS so I think you have been unlucky and need to start the claim ball rolling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don't understand what you mean by this ^^^.

WRS are responsible for your parcel arriving with you and it is part of their contract with you. They chose and contracted the shipping.

13. Yes indeed. I really meant to say that i just want my 1400 back as I’ve given up on ever seeing a shock absorber!

their current listing is showing 2 in stock so either their bullshitting or they’re pissing up my back and trying to tell me it’s raining.

Either way... thoroughly pissed off.
    Omnia racing always come up gold. Never again with this bunch.

#13 Sev, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  14. and on their website as of this minute...
    wrs2.jpeg

15. Paypal are a waste of time and money.. if you have an issue they are terrible at resolving them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Not in my experience - any issues have been dealt with after one quick phone call and within a few minutes - and that’s as a seller not a buyer too, which is generally said to be worse :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. You have far less buyers protection with PayPal. Always use credit card, even via eBay, for big purchases ime

• Like Like x 1

18. Due to Covid it is not possible to speak to PayPal, been like that for months. I know as I currently am in dispute, taking months. PayPal is utter crap. Not only that but I have advised them several times my account had been hacked, in real time a fake PayPal Operative was able to see my past transactions as I was speaking with them. Barclaycard said this was a very sophisticated fraud indeed. 2 months on and NO response from PayPal about this situation at all!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I must have been lucky then :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information