1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wurr Doomed.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by finm, Aug 6, 2021.

1. You're welcome. I've seen Riejus in the flesh and they look decent enough.

Hope you get something sorted..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Back in my day, at 16 on L-plates, you could have a variety of rides (Puch. Garelli, Fizzy, Fantic, etc) that could all do well over 50. I wonder if restricting 16 year-olds to modern, gutless crap really does improve safety?

3. It has massively reduced injuries and deaths. The bikes are no longer desirable so the sales have collapsed. Less riders, less injuries

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep my lad is still undecided on whether to have a 50cc moped next year preferring to wait until he’s 17 for a 125. He probably end up in a car such is the cluster that is a full motorcycle licence.

I’m toying with the idea of buying a 125 if he decides to and just poodle around Mid Wales there are some lovely quiet off the beaten track roads to discover.

5. Almost all rural B roads are great fun on a small cc bike. Admittedly, in the hills/ mountains the views are better.

Its another reason why I have my Ts185

6. looking at some vids, you only have to disconnect one wire on the Bullet. it doesn't up the power, it's restricted at 30mph via some electronics. a wee twin cam 50cc, who would of thought.
    got some time off next week, doing a wee tour of the Bike shops, i wonder we will come back with. this could be dangerous, i haven't been in a bike shop for near two years..

• Like Like x 2
  7. i tried as a wee experiment doing 30 between here and the next village, didnt feel that safe tbh. cars and lorries up yer arse, the danger of nodding off. which, believe it or not has factored in my thinking when it comes to choosing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The average road speed is a concern. But so is not being able to come and go as you please when you're sixteen.

9. deffo, him with 6points on his licence, or me 6ft under. decisions decisions. but seriously tho, that's the crux of it. no regular public transport around here and i like a gin on a friday night. he explained it to me like this, how is he going to pay me back for the Computer he bought (with my money) if i dont invest a lil more (of my money) so he can get a part time job to pay me back.
    aye, ok son.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. He’s got to grips with man maths at an early age. He’s smart.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’ve had this conversation with his Mom, she complains she’s driving older daughter around everywhere as she didn’t want me to buy the daughter a moped at 16 so she could come and go on her own terms.

Now she’s resistant to the lad having a road going motorcycle, I just tell her not to complain when she’s ferrying everywhere when alternatives are available.

• Like Like x 1
  12. true. how can i condemn him for attempting the v,same arguments i use on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It never ends Fin, my daughter is 31 and still bleeds me dry. Granddaughters ear piercing cost me 50 sobs. 50! ffs. Her ears are useless anyways as she never listens.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. It's 4.2 horsepower so even unrestricted it wouldn't go much past 35 I would think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'd mine done , well just the lhs by a crazy girlfriend back in the day with a pack of frozen peas and weekend attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  16. That sounds painful would not a needle to pierce with not been a better option, using a pack of frozen peas sounds barbaric. o_O

17. Sharp needle included on the day.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. 10%ish speed gain on a moped on roads that drivers are willing you to be faster I’d take that, probably try a few teeth from the back too. As from memory of my mates restricted TS was dangerously slow on 30 mph limited A Roads.

19. Sounds like you've got an investment opportunity Finm!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information