1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wurr Doomed.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by finm, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Sherco make a nice little 50cc Enduro / trail bike

2. yip, had a wee look there. they are a cool looking 50cc. the minarelli engine like the MRT should be easy and cheep enough to locate a big bore kit too.

3. with the lad, all i'm seeing is negative equity. :rolleyes:
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Think of it a Quantitative Easing?

5. 6 gears to get to 30 mph. Sounds like a massive ball ache

6. So does not being able to see your girlfriend 'cause Dads had a few & can't give you a lift...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Surely 3 or 4 gears would get you there just as well. I know Kreidler had 18 gears on a 50 at one point and Suzuki 14 but they were a little faster.

8. I personally wouldnt bother with a 50cc, i'd wait till 17 and go 125cc Italjet Dragster (prob the 200 and register it as a 125)

9. yip, kinda my thinking too. wait for a 125. he will be on it for two months then boom, winter. then another 4 months or so and he will be 17. but you know how it. we are here, his mates are waaaaay over there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. [​IMG]

I'd be all over one of these if I was a young un

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that the 2022 streetfighter?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. if it could cruse at round 80mph, i would consider it for the daily commute.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. well, we got there. after too many phone calls and time waisted on t'web, he has gone for one of these, in this color scheme. as i suspected he would. looks good and well made in the flesh, and bigger than i expected.
    [​IMG]
    from Biking Direct Elgin. (chill mods, they only do imported 50cc-125's) and has got me a lil interested in the Duc Scrambler. ferk me, It's shit getting old init?
    i was a lil pissed off with the whole searching and researching process, as it seemed i was doing all the work, tho i guess his mind was made up anyhoo. and i was a lil more than pissed of as i had hopped to go up earlier in the week but he wanted to go camping with some of his mates instead. then i seen who his mates are. hmm, it seems his dad is a bit of a Perv. Bad dad. Good Lad. all is forgiven:D
    Not entirely sure when it will arrive, they are experiencing import issues. (lets not go there) 4 on order since early june, they are thinking first week in September, which is fine as he doesn't turn 16 till then. the one we looked over was a 125 but the same dimensions.
    not entirely sure sure what it will cost, something in the low 2k'ish mark. i lost interest in the sales speak as to why, i'v heard it too many times of late from my suppliers. (lets not go there) i only put a small deposit down and was 1k cheaper than the more puka styled 50 enduros they did have in stock. again, Good Lad. :upyeah:
    Not entirely sure how i am going to be able to derestrict it as the 4 on order are euro 5 and fuel injected as apposed to the carb model i was checking out
    And i'm deffo not entirely sure how he is gonna pay me back. tho there will be a CRF125 in pretty good shape going on the market pronto once he is up and running. which tbh, would be faster than a restricted 50cc. :p
    A wee word of caution for those with kids coming up to that age or are considering as small capacity bike for what ever reason. they are of the opinion that you wont be able to get a small capacity IC powered bike within the next 5 years. all the companies he deals with are well on the way to going electric only. but, he has been v, impressed with the bikes he's been testing. 120mls range, with 0-30 :D pretty damn quick.
    And last but not least, maybe we are Not so Doomed as i suggested. import issues aside (lets not go there) they cant keep up with demand, they have never seen so many kids, and older folks like you lot purchasing and enquiring after small cc bikes. which maybe explains the lack of stock when i was phoning around. purchasing small capacity bikes might be an investment opportunity right enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. :joy: "pay you back"...pmsl. I admire your optimism.

15. gets to keep his bike, computer, and control of the lecky in his room with continued access to the fridge while not paying me back? i admire his. :D

16. "jock mug pussy" if nothing else, i gave the lad a lesson on how not to do it.
    the deal fell through on the bullet, 2 months later, which was a month after the delivery date, with no promise to have it before crimbo i cancelled the order after finding what looked like a v,tidy big bore 2019 Aprilia sx 50 being sold from a used car dealer a few miles over the border in a N/E town. not having a scoobie about online buying i got one of the lads at work to check out the company, and the Reg, all seemed good. spoke to friendly sounding guy on the phone and put a £500 deposit on the bike. hires the van, sets off at 5am gets there around 10, the yard matches the pic we found on the web. all good.
    . the shutters for the workshop are down, but a side door is open. i pop my head in and spot an office at the back with somebody behind a desk. coolio. heads over, says hello, i'm Fin, you must be ****** i've come to square you up and pick up the Aprilia, No, says the 20stone covered in tats angry looking guy, i'm the boss, ****** is the salesman, he will be back in 5. OK,no worries. i spot a metal baseball bat propped behind the desk and jokingly said, Ha, my reputation proceeds me pointing at the weapon. he laughed and said no, that's for those "insert this that or the other ethnic minority here" cvnts that come in moaning the car they have come to see doesn't match the picture and want a discount. i wave it in their face and say, here's your fucking discount.
    . hmm, dodgy. i had already spotted the bike in the corner and was hopping to negotiate a discount, not quite as tidy as anticipated. anyhoo, i retorted in a deadpan stylie by saying, aye, i know what yer saying, i have one in my workshop too, but smaller, as i like to get up close when i'm pummelling a problem customer. we then enter a period commonly known as a, Mexican standoff. after what felt like an age, ****** walks in, thank fug thinks i. friendly guy, shows me and the lad the bike, and gives us a wee test ride. like i said, a bit tatty, but sounds good, feels tight enough and ferk me, for a 50cc it's quick. i'm thinking, £200 and a mornings work will make it every bit as good as new, lets just get the deal done and get the fuck right ooot o here.
    We head back to the office, "the boss" is still there, and so is the baseball bat. i hand over the remainder of what is due, he gives me a receipt then, tells me he has left the docs at home, which is 30odd miles away. he will post out when he gets home. i'm thinking, oh fuck, while glancing over between the baseball bat and "the boss". he assures me there wont be a problem, he was a registered business and i wasnt buying from the corner of some street. after some quick mental calculations, you know, things like, what will it cost to be off work with a broken skull. knowing my lad as i do, how quickly will the lads bones heal, cos no doubt he would jump blindly in. and the van has a £1500 excess. nope, just go with it fin. falling out with "the boss" will cost so much more, fingers crossed, the docs show up as promised.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Good luck Finm. I might have done the same if the payments were all by card?

18. oh, as an aside, when we got home and got the bike out the van, the wife pointed to reg and laughed. i never noticed at the time but if you look at it in a certain way, it spells out, Penis.
    ffs, lucky white heather.

19. i'm more than a lil embarrassed to say, Nope. bank transfer or cash. the deposit was bank transfer.

20. Aprilia 50 restoration/make roadworthy thread to follow Finm?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information