1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wurr Doomed.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by finm, Aug 6, 2021.

1. yip, might have to make it a, pay to view. i may have some losses to cover.
    warra nob i am.
    it's not needing a great deal done to it. i hope. i will get it in the shed later for a proper going over without "the boss" standing over me. the quick glance i gave it tells me i need a chain guard, new number plate, number plate light and indicator lens. its been wheelied and flipped since the selling pics where taken a new set of handle bar grips and a proper wash. taking it out the van i noticed the temp sender had been disconnected. here, have another oh fuck. but parts arent dear and seem to be available easily enough.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I really hope the engine and gearbox are good for the job and frame/forks not bent, otherwise it's a stroll in the park for the multi-talented Finm.

3. Oh well. Someone once said "Possession is nine tenths of the law". I hope they were right!

4. i think it's straight enough Chris. (frame and forks) the deal? i can say for sure just yet. engine, clutch and gear box seem good. the lad gave it a quick run round the forest last night and came in grinning from ear to here. way quicker than his 125crf he says.

• Like Like x 2
  5. i was the one being "owned" yesterday. but hayho, lesson learned. for both of us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chortle, it's a wee story i use regularly. :upyeah:
    all plastics removed, no dodgy repairs found. i can tell the engines been out, probably to fit the big bore kit and looking at some pics i guess it's why the temp sensor isnt connected to the loom. it's in a different place on the head and the plug wont reach, no matter how i attempt to route it. a wee cut and then solder in some extra wire will sort that. now that i can look at the bike without planning my escape at the same time, it's quite a cool wee thing but not as wee as i first thought and tidier than my first impression too. still managed to put a wee to do list together tho.

• Like Like x 2
  8. it's funny 'cos I looked at this one only the other day, also has a bigger bore kit, from York - now sold:-

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. in true lucky white heather style, i spoted an imaculate sx from a dealer which also had the big bore kit when i started looking for parts for 1k more. which does make me feel slightly better tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m not a young in and I’m all over one. Just ordered a 200, will stick the Malossi variator and clutch kit on it, waiting for delivery

• Like Like x 2
  11. a timely reminder for an up date on the piece of shit that i bought for the lad. it's a piece of shit.
    he's only done about 2.5k on it and i am working on it every other week. it's so going in the bin when he is 17.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. The teenager had this as a 50, Skyteam Ace

[​IMG]

OOracing racing ECU and fork upgrade and it'd do 50 ish down a long enough hill and 40 or so on the flat (yeah, I know moped shouldn't do more than 28, but meh) and cornered well enough for the cheap tyres

Mash do some reasonable stuff for slo-peds, the ooracing to make it go a bit faster :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. This is good to hear

14. the 50cc Aprilia (80) he has is good for 66 mph on his speedo and about 65 on mine. the engine is the only good thing about it.
    Doh! i only went and said that out loud. i guess i had better just order up the full gasket set now. :rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information