1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Www.bike-parts-ducati.com - Fraud Or A Real Website?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by SuzaFan, Feb 8, 2021.

1. I have used them a few times with varying experiences, they are associated with Croydon Ducati as that is where all the parts come from, one BIG thing I would suggest is that you must 100% know the correct part number you want as they will not accept returns & will give you the line " you ordered it we didn't so it cannot be returned "

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. jsut had some stuff through from them the invoice is headed "In-Moto LTD, Croydon"

i placed the order on the 1st Feb so just over a week turnaround, there was a few things that i suppose not every parts store would have in stock so not bad service (this time)

3. I have now closed my PayPal account as they are not consumer friendly at all and very much favour the seller in a dispute. The dispute will be painful and slow. I rang my bank with my PayPal story who,refunded me immediately, from a debit card . I now only pay with a credit card.

4. My experience was very different and I can't account for why. I do agree about using a credit card, though. You have better legal rights than using a debit card. That's why I have kept a couple of credit cards going as they are useful for mail order stuff. If it doesn't arrive, or is crap, then I know that I can raise a dispute with the CC company with the law on my side.

5. Paypal safe? Not in my experience.
    I sold (or was selling an expensive camera) before any money changed hands the potential buyer was sussed as a scammer. Ebay refunded me my selling fees. But Paypal took their considerable share of the amount even though the sale didn't happen. They were not prepared to even discuss it.
    So I no longer use Ebay or Paypal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks. Interesting.

7. I agree about credit card.
    I have used Barclaycard for many years (other credit card companies are available:))
    Some years ago I paid for some concert tickets online. As the date of said event drew nearer and I had not received my tickets I began to suspect I had been scammed. After doing a bit of online research I was sure, so I contacted Barclaycard.
    I was told to wait until the date of the event had passed then then get back in touch with them. The tickets did not arrive, my money was quickly refunded and I guess they then took on the hassle of getting the money back.

On another occasion they contacted me asking for confirmation that I had just attempted to make an online purchase (about 2 grand). It wasn't me, so they blocked my card immediately and issued another one.

8. That is what is good about using credit cards. When it becomes their problem, they act fast and will issue you with a new card if they suspect wrong-doing.

When it is your problem, companies fall into a deep sleep and just cannot get enough rest!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paypal was easy to deal with when I purchased “shoes” supposedly from New Zealand and came from China not even worth. £2 I paid £24.99
    I emailed the seller both via PayPal and Facebook. The seller wouldn’t refund the shoes until I sent them back £17 to return. I sent pictures to the seller and my thoughts but they wouldn’t refund unless they received the shoes back.
    PayPal gave me the refund back and also paid to return the item with a receipt via email and photo evidence. Sorted in an hour very impressed with the service from PayPal
    I use PayPal for everything I can

10. I have used PayPal many times over the years always thinking its safe, it’s certainly very convenient. However I was a scam victim , PayPal being the payment method, an obvious fraud when what you order bears no resemblance or value to what you ordered, from China of course. Things deteriorated due to a fraudulent phone number listed as PayPal. This was NOT PayPal, but were looking at my PayPal purchase history live while I was speaking to them. I had certain suspicions, so called Barclays who said they had just tried large transactions to £12000, which were blocked as suspicious. Barclays fraud team said to me this was the most sophisticated fraud they had seen , and must have direct access to PayPal computer system. Did PayPal want to answer my many requests for an explanation. Certainly not. That is why I will never touch them again.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Gotcha not a good experience

12. whilst i don't doubt others experiences for a minute, it looks like i've been lucky with both Paypal and EBay for the last 10 plus years. I've had many disputes during that time, but both companies have helped until resolved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I ordered from this website couple times but only things I could wait a bit longer for. They usually state on the website that it may take couple weeks.

14. Got my order from them this week, I had emailed and they advised that parts would be in earlier in the week and I got them Friday, genuine parts in the Ducati box. Have used several times and always got the parts, but agree can take a week or two.

#34 CM4ppy, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  15. I had a message from The Post office saying my parcel was ready to be delivered but was £2.99 short, please pay to release, all looked legit until page two where they asked for date of birth, account number and sort code, card number and CVC,along with full address. Everything to empty my account.
    All the phone numbers worked along with the links.
    I phoned the number for the Post Office, there's no way they would ask for these details.
    I wonder how many people get caught on schemes like this, it looked right at first, yes I am waiting for a parcel from abroad, but I guess we all are at some point, beware!

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I too have had poor experiences with Bike-parts-ducati. As mentioned in the thread they are slow to communicate and you have to be 100% on what you are ordering, you won’t get much help. In their defence though they are operating with reduced staff during the pandemic and one of the sacrifices seems to be communication. The parts I have had from them have been good quality OEM parts and well packaged.

if you want a really good buying experience, the guys at seastar superbikes in Ipswich, UK are excellent!

17. Seastar have come up often in my web searches, Unfortunately, I am on the West coast and they are on the East, so miles away (but a brilliant ride!) but I think that they do mail order parts. Always good to have a backup if Riders ever pee me off!

18. Used Ducati parts once. Got sick of waiting weeks for a gear lever so got one in a matter of days from Moto Rapido on fleabay. Now use my local dealer( Ducati Manchester) whose service I cannot fault. They are always open to bribery with chocolate hobnobs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Thanks mike, you've just shed some light on what probably happened to me then, I ended up ignoring it but was half convinced it was genuine (also £2.99 owing).

20. These are real people, they know about Ducati, there is a real shop in Loenen, the Netherlands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information