1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Www.bike-parts-ducati.com - Fraud Or A Real Website?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by SuzaFan, Feb 8, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Lets face it, when buying relatively low value items online (say sub £200) who bothers reading the small print? This is just to cover there legal arse in paper IMO.

No, they aren't fraudulent. Yes, in my experience there front end slick website gives an impression that isn't backed up by their customer service. This impression is re-inforced by many on here, though others are happy with there service. Will they get my repeat business? Probably not if I can source elsewhere. To me, the terms and conditions are a legal irrelevance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The real worry is that all the links and numbers are correct, most people will give up trying, my parcel was due but coming with DHL.

3. I guess the thing to remember is their parts come in from Europe (or further afield) snd now that’s taking an awful lot longer due to extra administration/processing/checks at point of entry. From experience parts ordered from UK sites used to take 3-5 days to get here, now they take 3 weeks the delay being due to not enough customs agents to process the additional paperwork.

4. My order from bike-parts-ducati has arrived. I've personally not had any issues at all. For reference the part came direct from InMoto which i think is Ducati Croydon.

5. I think the moral of the story is if your are in the UK there is no problem with bike-parts but if outside the UK it's going to take a long time, I have experienced this with everything I've ordered from the UK since Christmas it's taken at least 3 weeks for any goods to get to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you read the Ts&Cs it's obvious that they are a drop-ship operation and just broker the sale of parts from a designated dealer in the relevant country, I guess for a commission on that sale. They've increased their take by making agreements with various dealers in several countries across Europe. The poor service will be down to the dealer but sure it reflects badly on bike-parts-ducati.com who probably don't give a toss. I pointing this out on page #1 of this thread.

Personally I would prefer to buy parts directly from a dealer, hopefully relatively local to me. Same prices and you have a direct relationship with them if you need to follow up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. A lot of UK only listed sellers, dispatch from China.
    Best to scroll down the listing to see the sellers address.
    Usually the sellers ID gives it away, or delivery leadtimes.
    Also if any doubt read feedback reviews.
    I rarely buy from anyone with less than 99% positive feedback.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Just to update here...
    I have just received a package, everything as described.
    It even went through without customs (was low value though...)
    However, I am perfectly sattisfied and will use them again if needed...
    Shipping time is ok-ish considering I am in Croatia.
    So, prejudice can lead us to wrong conclusions...

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Yep.....always best to complain only when something goes wrong and it’s not been rectified ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Glad to read you got things sorted @SuzaFan as @RTD tom is apart of the company'

11. Just to be clear, I have no connection at all with the company in question, I simply provided the links to their T&C's etc, which were obtained from the internet, hopefully to help the OP with the query raised.
    If you read that information, it confirms that the company acts as a "middle-man" to connect buyer and seller of Ducati parts, presumably for a fee, and in-line with what Bumpkin described in an earlier post.
    I hope this helps.
    Tom.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Used them to order some parts 3 times over the last month and all parts were delivered from inmoto in Croydon. I'd definitely use them again.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. I have tried them several times for different parts, always a different issue.......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information