1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-lite 803 Helmet - Impulse Purchase

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, May 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I went to the shop to buy an Arai QV Pro that they had on special offer as it was the last one. However, I ended up spending WAY more than intended and bought this x-lite x-803 ultra carbon instead!

I didn't make a mistake, did I? It's gorgeous to look at and happens to fit me REALLY nicely.. but is it an ok helmet? I'm still reeling at the amount I spent (it was unplanned).

Main use will be weekend fun, a tour once a year and a commute once or twice a week at most. I'll miss the drop down sun visor in my GT-Air, i know that.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. No it’s shit. Send it to me and I’ll dispose of it for you :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ahhh shit.. sod it i'll give it to the domino's delivery guy when he comes round in a bit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Talking to a racer on Tuesday who had a major off at Macau last year, wearing one of these, he hit the armco with his head at, he reckons, at least 90mph and says he didn't even knock himself out. The helmet is still in one piece and bears witness to what is a really excellent lid. He brought up the conversation because he saw I was wearing mine. Best helmet I've ever owned, the quality inside and out is really streets ahead of anything I've ever owned, or tried on.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Agree with the above. Best helmets I've owned. Won't go back to AGV / Arai etc.

Out of all my riding friends, only one still wears AGV. Cracking helmets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. “Cracking helmets” - poor word choice there!

Slightly less peripheral vision in an X-lite compared to an Arai RX7, but lighter and quieter. They are good helmets!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have had the 802 carbon for a couple of years. Can't fault it in anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dont forget the bit with the visor on goes at the front.

Nice lid. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Not yet rated by Sharp but all previous X-lite helmets have a rating of at least four stars. They must be doing something right ....
    Enjoy your new helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have been looking at these online, not had a chance to try one.
    I have always had Arai and get a small.
    Do these fit similar to Arai ?

I cannot get away with Agv, find them very uncomfortable and Shoei don’t seem to fit my head shape.
    Arai are getting to be a silly price now.

12. Always found Arai comfortable enough but very close to my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm a medium with arai and xlite

14. Looks like it shall actually vent too unlike the GT Air. Would love to hear your comparison to both. can't live without a dropdown sunvisor though

15. I’m a small with arai and medium with x-lite. I’ve got the helmet now. It’s gorgeous!!! Can’t wait to try it out.

My first time with a dark visor - it’s a little intimidating not being able to just flip a shade out of the way. I’ll have to see how I get on wit it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aren't these the ones that caused the.....you know......never mind, I'm sure they fixed that, didn't they? :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I got a new Ultra Carbon 803 in the 2018 Petrucci replica design, love it. More comfortable than my Arais, and swapping the visor is not a faff. I had the regular 803 in the 2018 Petrucci design, but some guy called Danilo scribbled on it, so it was duly retired, and I did a deal with Helmet City at the MCN show in February, and got the Ultra Carbon version at a less than non carbon price. Lighter than the regular, and a selection of proper knobber iridium visors to wear with it, what's not to like!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Good call on the Petrucci rep :cool:

IMG_3646.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yeah I got the newer one with added Petrucci working hard gorilla :cool:

20190510_212059.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information